Chapter 15

Blood and water mixed in one dripped down my face as I leaned my hand against the tree.

Gregor had been meticulous in making every lesson the past week as exhausting and painful as possible, all while sporting a smile on his stupid, annoying face.

I'm so tired, and at this rate, I'll be too tired to kill one of those things.

Why did it have to be a daywalker?

It wasn't like I had never hunted before, and killed something, but when it came to something that was once a living, thinking, creature, who could've had a family before they were turned, made me feel sick to my stomach.

Daywalkers were different from vampires, they were turned during a violent death, thus making them dangerous, and bloodthirsty for innocent blood, or just any blood they could get their hands on.

That wasn't all... not since Keial came to my room, five days ago.

He had given me a week to decide if I was going to accept his proposition or not, and since then, it's been too awkward, and uncomfortable for me to work closely with him, as he acted like usual, like nothing happened.

Keial wanted to be in a fake relationship with me, it was crazy and completely random.

I wasn't so innocent to know that he had plenty of offers, and multiple partners to do his bidding, but to ask me, a guy he didn't know, or even trust, to be his fake lover?

What the hell was he even thinking?

Still, every time I thought about it, it made my stomach feel weird, and my mind drifted back to that night we shared.

His strong big hands, his hot breath, and not to mention his big c-

"Felix, the food is ready." Ash's voice makes me jump, as I pull my mind out the gutter.

Even when I was as exhausted as I was, my mind always went back to him... even when I didn't want to think about him since he gave me that offer, I might as well give up and accept that he's all I could think of.

"Thanks." I try my best to smile, as I stretch my arms and move away from the bucket of water, mixed with my blood.

"I'm so hungry, and I can't even remember the last time I ate something warm." My stomach grumbled as I stared at the roasted pig being cut and handed to the rest of the group.

"Hey uh..." Ash rubs the back of his neck and looks at me awkwardly.

"Respectfully... I think you should take it easy tonight, tomorrow we're going to face those things, and at the rate you're going, you're going to be too weak to fight."

I stare at him and don't miss the way he looked at me like what I was doing wasn't going to make a difference.

I know he was trying to be nice, or perhaps he was just simply trying to be a good person, but I was sick and tired of others telling me how things were.

Keial, Gregor... and now Ash.

"Would you prefer if I just gave up, went into that fighting pit, and died pathetically, without even trying?" I said roughly, as his face fell.

"What? That's no-"

"Respectfully Ash, mind your own fucking business." I told him, before walking past him.

"Felix..."

I ignored him and walked over to Gregor as he handed me a plate, whilst his eyes stared at me humorously, but I ignored him too and took the plate from him and walked off to find a place to sit.

The rest of our last day of training with Gregor, he told those who would be facing a daywalker what, and what not we could use to pass the test, and also some tips on how to stun, and efficiently kill one, as he went over once again the multiple ways you could slay it.

I got back to my room and collapsed onto my bed, and with only twelve hours left to go before I had to fight a daywalker in front of Keial and the rest of the group, I figured I'd sleep now, and then get some practice in beforehand.

As I lay there... I made up my mind about Keial's offer, and even though I should have been scared because there was a chance I wouldn't make it out alive, I didn't feel that way.

I felt... relieved, and excited in some way.

If I survived this, I decided that I would accept Keial's offer, on one condition only.

I wanted to clear my name and have a fresh start, and maybe, just maybe, make him respect me just a little bit more.

*****

As I stood there, dressed in my combat gear with my weapon held tightly in my hand, I felt calm and ready, but all that changed when I locked eyes with a certain someone.

Keial had arrived, and the rest of the group was silently fawning over how handsome, elegant yet scary he looked today, and as much as I tried to block it out, it was impossible.

He dressed in all black, which made his figure even harder to not stare at and drool, he looked like how he always did, every step he took radiated confidence, power, and authority.

He looked... sexy, and I hated how I wasn't the only one who thought that.

Still, he was out of reach, and for good reason, nothing good would come out of me getting feelings for him, not when I figured out why he wanted to use me.

"Are you feeling ready?" Gregor asked, walking up to me as I nodded my head, and looked back at the pit.

The cage was already inside, in the middle of the area, and the moment I stepped inside, the fight would begin and the cage would open.

"I think so." I looked back at Keial, and saw that he was wishing each tester good luck.

"Just do what I taught you, and who knows, you might only lose a leg." Gregor laughed as though it was the funniest thing he had ever said as he walked away, not before patting me on the back roughly, making me glare at him.

Honestly, he was the worst.

"You look good in black." A deep voice tickles my ear, making me jump and turn around, whilst covering my ear as I feel my face get hot.

Keial looked down at me, a smile on his face and his eyes subtly, yet greedily checking me out from head to toe, making me shy once his intimidating yet beautiful eyes rested on my face.

I had to bite my tongue from saying that he also looked good in black, not wanting to embarrass myself before my test.

"Thanks." I looked away from him, and looked back at the creature, shaking its cage and wanting to be let out.

"You will do fine, Gregor speaks highly of your skill." Keial said, making me snort and look back at him, not convinced.

"Gregor said that?" I shook my head in disbelief as Keial grinned.

Somehow, I didn't believe him, this was Gregor he was speaking about.

From the corner of my eye, I see Gregor pick up the horn and then blow it out, a loud blaring signal to everyone that it was time and that I had to go.

"One last thing, before you go." Keial leaned down and put his lips to my ear, as his gloved hand brushed against mine.

His breath set my skin on fire, as his lips lightly tickled my skin I heard him inhale my scent, making my heart beat faster than ever before.

"Give me a show, and when this is over, I want to hear your answer."