Chapter 43, The End

"OH, would you look at the time? I should get some breakfast, ha.. ha..." I walked away, only for Keial to reach out and grab hold of my hand.

I turned around and glared at him, and for the very first time, I was scared that not only was Keial already on board with this craziness, but he couldn't see just how much it made no sense to a normal person.

"If anything, she'd be pleased to know I found someone." He smugly said, with a smile, as I felt myself shiver.

"And that she missed out on a golden opportunity." He joked, as I just stared at him.

Was he being serious?

"That's not even funny, how can you find this funny?" I had to ask, as I felt the color drain from my face when he smirked at me.

"Don't tell me you're shy to have sex in front of a goddess, Felix." He chuckled.

"The amount of times your moans had to be heard from outside your room, your cries begging me to go deep-"

"Stop!" I covered his mouth, as I felt myself grow warm.

At times like this, I did hate him for how blunt he was, and for how much he simply didn't care, like he didn't get embarrassed by what he said at all.

Suddenly, I felt Keial's light mood shift as his once carefree eyes now stared at me seriously, his lips no longer curled into a smile.

Keial moved my hand from his mouth and then pressed his lips to my knuckles, his bright fiery eyes looking into mine.

"Be it a village, a city, or every living creature, I would take you a thousand times over in front of every one of them, because I love you... deeply." He started seriously, as I felt my heart skip a beat.

"W-What are yo-" Keial opened his mouth and pushed his tongue in between my fingers, and then started to suck on them, as I stood, speechless, and watched as I felt my entire body heat up.

What was he doing?

"I won't have anyone tarnish your title, simply because you are a man, if this is what it takes, I'm willing to sacrifice everything to make sure you get respect."

Keial... What was he saying? Why wouldn't they-

Oh, I see.

I could never understand where he was coming from, but now I see it, everything Keial does and has done, has always been for a reason, he never did anything out of the ordinary unless it served him his end goal.

A child... to keep my title as his mate, and second, he's willing to go this far just so other Alphas, and the council don't talk because of his back, and make fun of me.

Having a male mate wasn't common, especially for someone so high up on the food chain, especially not a King or anyone with royal blood.

Keial has been so worried about something so trivial... whilst I...

"Do you... even want kids?" I asked him, my voice breaking as his eye twitched.

Keial is willing to go this far for something he had never wanted, I clearly remember him mentioning that he never wanted pups, so why would he do something so stupid like this?

"If this is for that reason, then I don't want to do this... it can't be the only way."

To bring a child into this world simply because of backstabbing gossip... I couldn't think of anything worse, and born from a male wolf?

Even if the moon grants our wish in this temple under the palace, there's no saying what kind of life that pup would have.

"I just want you not to regret being with me." Keial whispered, as his eyes faltered and his head lowered.