Chapter 7

I have been in Forgotten Valley for over a week now, and since then, I have been living like a recluse.

Almost as though I had a big sign on my head that said 'Don't talk or look at me ' whenever I went, people avoided me and treated me like I was just in their way.

I felt like someone was playing a cruel trick on me, and whilst I tried to keep it together, it was starting to get to me after last week, in the bathhouse.

I had tried to make friends, but I had failed every time, as each time I sat down next to the other servants, they moved away like I had bugs coming out of my eyes.

I had wondered if this was Keial's doing, the Kings... but after our last 'talk' I hardly doubt it, as he made it very clear that he did not like me, and that I was selfish and below him in every way possible.

It destroyed me, after all, I had somewhat come to admire Keial, he did after all offer me protection, but now I'm thinking, 'at what cost'?

Nobody has taken to me in over a week.

Not even Keial, when he came back to his room and I still hadn't finished cleaning it, he just sat behind his desk and paid me no mind, almost like I wasn't there in the room with him and he was alone.

I must've been crazy to think he liked me, even just a tiny bit.

He was the actual devil in disguise, and all his small words that I felt were a small kindness, were nothing but a foul way to trap me and catch me in the twisted net I had built myself.

I should've known he could somehow sense my thoughts, after all, he was an Alpha as much as he was King, and even though it's not all the time they can hear their pack's thoughts, it wasn't uncommon to pick up on things within the proper distance.

In my messed up mind, I thought there was something between us.

I swear I felt that attraction on his end, which probably made the link to my mind easier for him to read, but then again, I seem to be getting everything wrong since arriving here.

I just wanted this day to be over, so I could go back to bed, and pretend that I didn't exist...

"Felix!" I hear my name from somewhere in the garden, a somewhat familiar voice.

I stopped what I was doing, weeding the flowers, and stood up, and once I got to my feet, I instantly recognized the girl coming towards me with a big grin on her face, and red blushed cheeks.

It was Zeri.

I never thought I'd see her again, not after how she and her dog left me for dead.

"I'm so glad I found you, I was worried I never would see you again." She huffed out, catching her breath as she stood and looked at me with shy eyes.

She reached out and held both my hands in hers, with a look of relief on her face.

"How have you been? I'm so glad you're alive, I was worried about you and searched all over the city, but then I heard that the King had given you a job from one of the servants here, I just had to come and find you and see if you were alrigh-"

I pulled my hands away from hers and took a step back. "Sorry." I bent back down and then looked away from her and focused back on my job.

"I have to work so please go away, I have nothing more to say to you."

She remained silent, and whilst I hoped she would just go away, she stood a few steps from me and didn't move for the longest time, not until I heard another familiar voice.

A voice I had soon wished to never hear again.

"Zeri!" An angry voice called out, as heavy footsteps headed our way.