Chapter- 19

A/N POV

"Careful!" Ren exclaimed for the nth time, as the doctor retracted his hand back from Kiara's arm. Kiara rolled her eyes and asked the doctor to leave the two alone for a moment.

"What are you doing?" Kiara asked, all frustrated.

"Well, he looked very rugged," Ren mumbled.

"What?"

"I mean, he looked like he would treat your wound roughly. His hand placement did not seem right, and you know those rugged-looking kind of people, by whose looks you just get to know that they are not very soft handling type people. And if anything happened to you, Kavin would kill me. You are basically a piece of art I, Thyme, and MJ are supposed to protect. If anything went south, Kavin would have our head on a silver platter."

Kiara felt extremely hurt, not because Ren just called her a piece of art. But because he sounded like Kiara was a burden on him and the other three, and that they had to pretend to care for their friend.

"So, you don't actually care about me?" Kiara had no idea why the hell did she let that sentence slip her mouth!?

"Huh?" Ren looked directly into her brown eyes, almost getting lost in them for a moment before speaking up again, "What do you mean?"

"I mean that you don't have to pretend to care about me!"Kiara felt angry and she didn't know why. Why did Ren not caring about her affect her so much? "You did not have to bring me to the hospital, you did not have to catch me when I almost fell from the railing on the rooftop. HELL, you do not need to teach me Thai! Just get lost you asshole!" Kiara jumped off the patient table she was placed on by a very worried Ren 20 minutes ago. 

"And, imprint this on your mind. I am not a fucking piece of art. I can very well take care of myself." She bumped her shoulder against Ren and walked away. Before she could even reach the door, Ren grabbed her wrist, pulled her towards him, and pinned her against the table she was just sitting on.

"You don't get to leave this room until you get that would treated. I won't let you step into the Kittiyangkul Mansion with your arm needing like a fucking Nigeria falls." Ren didn't know where that dark and commanding voice came from. But what he did know was that he cared. He cared for Kiara a lot and he had to accept it. Just not in front of the world. 

Because after all, he liked. Mira. His P'Mira.

abcdefghi__lmnopqrstuvwxyz

By the time, Ren had reached the Kittiyangkul mansion, Kiara had fallen into a deep sleep. Ren did not wish to wake her up, she looked so peaceful and less loud when she was sleeping. She looked enchanting, to say the least. 

Ren had already informed Kavin about Kiara's whereabouts when he was driving Kiara back to the mansion from the hospital. To say that Kavin was beyond worried would be an understatement. He almost had a heart attack when he heard 'Kiara' and 'Hospital' in the same sentence.

"Kiara." It felt so strange calling her name out loud like this. But Ren couldn't let the exhausted girl sleep in his car for the whole night, "Kiara, we are here." Kiara didn't budge a bit, "I guess those medicines really did knock her out." 

Ren's eyes fell onto her abdomen which was a little exposed due to Kiara's stirring. Now, Ren is a gentleman and he would have looked away instantly, but the huge scar caught his eye. It looked like it had been hit on many times and not treated very well.

He couldn't move his eyes away from the scar, just by looking at it hurt him. It was as if he could feel the pain of the scar. Why did it hurt him so much? He and Kiara practically hated each other. 

Okay maybe hate would be an exaggeration, but they definitely did not enjoy each other's company.

He pulled Kiara's hoodie down and looked away, not realizing that his eyes had already watered a little. He shook his thoughts away and got out of the car heading towards Kiara's side. He opened the car door and gently picked Kiara up, placing her bandaged hand on his chest, making sure to not apply any pressure there.

"The wound is deep, you have to make sure that there is no pressure applied on that arm," Ren remembered the doctor's words clearly.

He headed inside the mansion and looked around for Kavin or John but no one was around. not even the maids, he looked at Kiara once again then climbed up the stairs to go into Kiara's bedroom. Opening the door with utmost care he went inside and laid Kiara on her bed as softly as a human can.

"What are you doing to me, hm?" He mumbled lowly and exited the room, but not before slightly touching his lips on her forehead.

abcdefghi__lmnopqrstuvwxyz

"She's fast asleep in her room." Ren managed to speak as he finally got Thyme and Kavin off him. Both the boys had clung onto Ren as soon as they came inside, asking about Kiara's whereabouts. 

"How is she? You know what I will go and check." Kavin said.

"I will go with you!" Thyme agreed and both were about to go upstairs but Ren stopped them.

"She's exhausted, talk to her in the morning. Cause I am sure that if you disturb her sleep now, she will definitely kick Thyme in the balls again." Ren said, sighing in tiredness as well. He was exhausted from the whole day. He didn't even get to take his afternoon nap!

"I guess." Kavin sighed as well, and all the three boys went to sit on the couch in the living room, "Ren and Thyme you should stay over tonight. It's late and I don't trust you to drive back to your condo when you look like you just fought a ghost. And Thyme," Kavin looked at Thyme, "Well, I don't trust you with anything, so you stay over as well." 

Thyme was beyond tired to even argue. BUT! He's Thyme, he will never back down from an argument, however, he didn't have any comeback to the truth Kavin just said, so he uttered the only sensible thing he could think of, "Fuck you." And he went to Kavnin's room to change into comfortable clothes and probably fell asleep in the closet.

"Night." Ren bid goodbye to Kavin and headed towards where he usually slept whenever he stayed in the Kittiyangkul mansion. Shockingly, his room's situated right beside Kiara's.

Oh, what a surprise!

Heya, so I have opened a new account on Instagram where I will upload the spoiler before the chapter update. But that can only happen if you guys follow my account, 'epic_authorxphotog'. Alright, drop your votes and comments, and let me know your guesses for the next chapter. Thank you...