Chapter- 22

A/N POV

To say that Kiara was beyond mad would be an understatement. The fact that Kavin broke every single vase in his sight could also be passed as a reasonable way of showing his anger. Thyme; let's just say that if John hadn't held him back, Kyle Kittiyangkul would have been long dead.

But what weirded everyone out the most was Ren's reaction. The irony is that he didn't have any, he just stood up and exited the Kittiyangkul mansion without a word. Something which only Kiara noticed, and ran after him.

Why did she do that? She doesn't know herself.

"Ren!" SHe called out for the fifth time when Ren finally stopped and Kiara caught up to him. She panted softly, trying to catch her breath, "Why did you just-"

"You are engaged to him." Kiara wasn't sure that what Ren said should be assumed as a question or just a sentence. She was feeling lost in this whole situation as well. She's engaged to Methas Jarustiwa- betrothed would be the correct term to use in the situation.

She and MJ aren't even on talking terms, after that beach incident. Not to mention that MJ was the one who hacked Kiara's phone when she almost got a hold of Jungkook. But none of this matters, Kiara's parents have no right to tell her how to live her life and who to marry. Hell, they don't even have any right to keep her here. She was brought to Bangkok without her permission.

"You are fucking engaged to him!" Ren suddenly yelling made Kiara flinch as she moved forward towards the male. She didn't know why she reacted that way, usually when people yell at someone, that someone backs away. Strangely Kiara thought that her getting closer to Ren would calm him down, "And why the hell does that bother me?" Ren finally looked at Kira, their eyes meeting for a still moment before Kiara looked away.

"Why does it bother you?" Kiara asked, hoping for an answer she never thought she would hope for. She wanted Ren to ask her to confront her parents about this, she wanted him to be upset that she was engaged to MJ, and she wanted him to say that everything would have been fine if it was him to whom she's betrothed to-

"I have to go, I need to wake up early tomorrow and go to the airport to pick up Mira." Why on earth did Ren feel the need to mention Mira's name when Kiara didn't even know who the mentioned female was? Or it can be said that Kiara might not remember who Mira is. After all, Mira adored Kiara when they were little and before Kiara was taken away from them.

There wasn't a day that passed without Mira continuously talking about Kiara and just how much she missed her. Mira went on and on about how adorable and precious Kiara was when she was a baby to Ren whenever they talked on the call.

But my oh my, Mira was beyond joyed when Ren had told her about the Kittiyangkul's finally finding Kiara. If it wasn't for her work, Mira would have been sitting on the very next flight to Bangkok, the moment she got to know about Kiara's return.

"Mira?" Kiara asked, an uneasy feeling settling in her stomach. She remembered that name when she saw it on Ren's phone when they went to the beach.

Kiara thought the same thing. Why did Ren mention Mira, when she didn't even know who the female was? Maybe because Ren wanted her to feel exactly how he felt after hearing that Kiara is betrothed to MJ.

It was childish to do so, but Ren couldn't help it. he was hurt, and he didn't even know why.

"Yes, Mira the first love of my life." And somehow those eight words acted as a dagger being plunged into Kiara's heart.

abcdefghi__lmnopqrstuvwxyz

The next day when Ren woke up he had a terrible headache. He didn't get a wink of sleep last night, all the confusing thoughts overtook his mind, and before he knew his alarm was blaring off in his ears. He had to wake up anyhow.