Chapter- 35

A/N POV

The four teenagers sat inside the Kittiyangkul mansion, "Ren what are you doing here?" Kevin broke the unbearable silence.

"I came here because I realized that I was following a dream that was never mine," Ren replied, his gaze firm on Kiara, who stared back at him, confusion filling her expression.

"Okay, Shakesphere but why are you here, in my driveway? Kiara and MJ have to go on a date."

"Pretend date." Kiara instantly corrected her brother, afraid that Ren might misunderstand. What confused Kiara further was why the hell did she care about what Ren thought. She didn't have a chance with him.  

However, that sketch and Thyme's words, 'You are his one and only muse, little one,' consumed her thoughts. Did Ren really feel the same way as Kiara?

"Let's just get this over with." MJ grumbled standing up and heading towards Kiara, but before he could even reach for her hand Ren's hand grabbed his midway, "What are you doing?" MJ tried his best to not grit his teeth but failed.

"She doesn't wish to go with you on a date. And no one can force her." Ren's sentence made Kiara feel something strange. Yes, Kavin stood up for her but he couldn't go against his parents just like that, Ren, he didn't have anything to lose if he interfered. Kevin had loads to lose.

"If she doesn't want to go, then she can tell me herself. No need to interrupt." MJ retorted, pushing Ren's hands from his. Honestly, MJ felt like a fool acting this way, but what can he do, he's also in love. And love makes you do the craziest things.

"Enough!" Kavin rolled his eyes, he was getting an idea of what was going on and he didn't like it one bit. He had a doubt about Ren's feelings at first, but now MJ's as well? Were two of his best friends really in love with his baby sister?

"Kiara-"

"I don't want to go and you know that as well Kavin." Kiara sighed, her gaze falling on MJ who looked distraught, "MJ, I am sorry but none of us wants this. We can't force ourselves to love each other, not when I have feelings for someone else." Kiara's gaze averted to Ren's who's eyes widened at the realization.

Was Kiara in love with him just like Ren was in love with her?

"What?" MJ asked his tone vulnerable as he too noticed what was going on, he was late and he knew that better than anyone else, "Do you-"

"Yes." This time Ren replied, taking a hesitant step toward Kiara, "This time I am sure where my dreams are and I am going to pursue them."

Kavin on the other hand did not like whatever was going on, but at some point, he realized that Kiara had taken a liking to Ren as well. And if Ren made her happy then who was Kavin to stand between his baby sister's happiness? 

"MJ, let's give them some alone time." This might be the most mature thing Kavin might have said and done until now. He took MJ with him who just followed too hurt and lost to protest.

"Am I allowed to pursue my dreams?" Ren asked, his attention on Kiara once again who just looked at him, her eyes watery. She had no idea how to react, or what to say. Nothing, she was clueless, "Answer me, princess." That nickname didn't help the situation either. 

"Will you promise to not stop in the middle if it gets too difficult?" Kiara breathed, her voice a mere whisper but Ren heard it, he was too close and none of them realized it until they were gazing right into each other's eyes. 

Ren's hand traveled up to her cheek as Kiara leaned in his soft touch, "I never quit. Not when it comes to you." He placed a soft kiss on her forehead, "You became too important too early. And it scared me at first, but then every time I saw you I just couldn't stop. I know it took me a while to realize but I did, step by step."

"The strange feeling started when I took you to the museum, your sparkling eyes when I told you about every painting and its meaning was when I silently promised myself that I will make sure your eyes shine brighter than any city lights." Kiara chuckled at the reference but her heart fluttered at the words, "Then the news of your betrothal with MJ made me doubt myself and my feelings, I felt angry and useless for not doing anything sooner, for not expressing myself earlier, so I thought telling you that Mira was my first love was the only reasonable thing to do to get you out of my thoughts."

"Of course, that didn't work because all Mira did since she came here was keeping us together. She even admitted the fact that my suit and your dress for your welcome party were a couple outfit that she had designed herself. And then came jealousy when Mingyu kissed your hand and stole you away when we were having our moment." Ren caressed her cheek, his touch as gentle as that of a feather.

"And then your boyfriend Jungkook was the last straw." Kiara's head snapped up to look at Ren, her expression that of disbelief. Did this idiot really think Jungkook was my boyfriend? Kiara laughed to herself, "This isn't funny princess." Her heart skipped another beat at the nickname.

"Jungkook's my best friend, and I think you might react the same way if your best friend was literally kidnapped in front of you." Kiara explained, her hand moving a few stray strands of Ren's hair from his forehead, "But Jungkook was the one who made me realize that I like you, so you should be thankful to him instead of being jealous."

"I think my misunderstanding was perfectly reasonable after I saw the way you two hugged each other." Ren rolled his eyes, still sour after thinking about that memory.

"And you think it didn't affect me when you hugged Mira the same way?" Kiara raised her brow as Ren laughed.

"I guess we both were just a bunch of fools who were too stubborn to admit their feelings." Ren's other hand snaked around Kiara's waist as he pulled her closer. Her flowery scent flooded his senses.

Kiara looked up at Ren once again, not being able to believe that he was holding her so close and confessing his feelings. It all felt too unreal and she needed assurance. So, she stood in her toes and placed a soft kiss on Ren's jaw.

"Now, it feels real and we are equal." Kiara grinned and Ren just stood there admiring her smile, he too couldn't believe she was finally his.

Hey all! I know I am too late but I was busy with the other book. Which by the way is out now, 'Not His Obsession', jump into the universe to see Steve, Jake, and Riley's journey filled with romance, insanity, and... well I ain't telling you, go read it!!

Also, I have good news, I made it to the 'Top 60 writers of 2024' you can search it on Google, my name is on the 17th number and my photo is the 9th one. Here are the links: 

1) https://medium.com/@firdousalam_9024/top-60-writers-of-2024-7bcbb48b17bb

2) https://globalliterarycircleandpublishers.quora.com/TOP-60-WRITERS-OF-2024-According-to-GLOBAL-LITERARY-CIRCLE-AND-PUBLISHERS-GLCP-there-are-sixty-awesome-writers-who-ar?ch=3&oid=162924677&share=359a95c0&srid=37juui&target_type=post

3) https://www.pixstory.com/story/top-60-writers-of-20241713533387/310668

4) https://www.youthkiawaaz.com/2024/04/top-60-writers-of-2024/

5) https://issuu.com/globalliterarycircleandpublishers/docs/top_60_new_3.docx

6) https://online.fliphtml5.com/sqqbq/wowi/

7) https://online.anyflip.com/xlufl/scdk/mobile/index.html?1714243744617

8) https://online.pubhtml5.com/jkfte/aony/

9) https://online.flippingbook.com/view/1070128287/

10) https://heyzine.com/flip-book/9da8b779c9.html

11) https://flipbooks.fleepit.com/f-55984-top_60_writers_of_2024

12) https://www.paperturn-view.com/?pid=ODg8805159&v=1.1

13) https://publizr.be/glcp/top-60-writers-of-2024

14) https://relayto.com/global-literary-circle-and-publishers/top-60-writers-of-2024-jaf7tomgb8bu6