Chapter- 23

A/N POV

"What?!" Gorya's scream echoed throughout Koacher High's hallway. Kiara winched at the loud screeching, and looked around thanking heavens that no one was around, "Y-you are a Kittiyangkul?" Gorya backed away, her finger pointed at Kiara. 

This was the reason Kiara didn't want to tell anyone about her being a Kittiyangkul, after finding out that her brother, Thyme, MJ, and Ren were the bullies Gorya was talking about the other day.

And Kiara didn't want her to think that she was like them. Kiara herself found out about her brother and his friends being the bullies just a few moments ago. And she was more than ready to confront her brother about it.

How dare he bully someone? Kiara was very familiar with the feeling of being bullied back in Korea for being that outsider and the pathetic orphan whose parents abandoned her. She hated the way the students treated her, typical bully behavior. Pouring milk on her head while she was doing her classwork, targeting her while playing dodgeball during the physical education period. 

Once they even locked her up on the roof during the lunch break, she just wanted some peace from those bullies, but those scums never left her alone. 

"But I am not like my brother and his friends!" Kiara exclaimed, afraid of losing a friend like Gorya, "I may look like those rich bitchy girls right now. But trust me I am not, I am just like you. I spent my whole life trying to just balance everything, my tuition fees, necessities, and everything. I was thrown from foster care to another until I decided to just run away and build a life of my own. Until my father thought that it would be fun to kidnap me and bring me here." Kiara finished as she took a deep breath. 

"I don't think of you as anything Kira, I am no one to judge you." Gorya smiled at Kiara's attempt to clear the misunderstanding.

"Yes you are, you are my friend." Kiara stated smiling back, "During my first day here, I was all alone because I knew that no one would wanna befriend me if I told them my full name. But you didn't care about my name or background. You saw me as a normal student who just wanted a real friend."

"I am so glad that I met you. Same for me, I didn't think you would wanna be my friend after knowing my background." Both the girls walked back to their classroom to pick their bags up and head out of school.

"Wanna grab a coffee?" Kiara asked, hoping Gorya would say agree, "My treat."

"I would have said yes until I heard 'My treat'."

"Oh, no! I didn't mean it that way, I really want to treat you as a friend." Kiara freaked out, thinking that she messed up her friendship as soon as she cleared the previous misunderstanding just a few moments ago.

"I am kidding Kiara." Gorya laughed loudly, as she patted Kiara's shoulder, "Alright, but I do wanna ask a question." Kiara nodded and Gorya continued, "Your father really kidnapped you?"

"It's a long story." Kiara sighed as she told everything to Gorya from the start up until now, obviously leaving out what had happened yesterday and the day before that. All the stuff about engagement, rings, and Ren.

It's not like she didn't trust Gorya, she just wasn't ready to talk about it to anyone anytime soon.

"Woah!" Gorya was flabbergasted after hearing the whole story, "Your story sounds just like the ones in those story books on Wattpad."

"It's not that dramatic-"

"Where the hell have you been?" Kiara was abruptly interrupted by Thyme's harsh voice, "You." He pointed at Gorya, "You kept her busy, didn't you? Anyway, I want to talk to you about what happened yesterday. Come on." And just like that Thyme dragged Gorya away leaving Kiara alone at the front gates of the school.

At least that's what Kiara hoped for, because she was not alone. MJ was standing right there, leaning on his bike, trying his best to not look at Kiara. And his awkward behavior just indicated that he knew about the betrothal as well.

"So you know?" Kiara asked as she went to stand beside MJ, leaning on his bike as well. If it was someone else who would have touched his precious bike MJ would have blown up. But, this was Kiara, not Kavin's little sister. Just Kiara, the short-tempered shorty who had somehow dug a place for herself in MJ's heart in just the span of a week.

"The ring right here on my finger serves as proof." MJ lifted his hand, showing Kiara the ring he wore, "I was told that my grandfather had left me this ring. They just didn't tell me that it was his wedding ring that he had left with the papers signed by him and your grandfather."

"Oh, perfect!" Kiara was annoyed, who the fuck were those ancestors of hers to decide whom she was to marry? "This was all planned before we were even born. Great!" The annoyance in her tone did nothing but crack MJ's heart. 

Did Kiara really hate to idea of her being betrothed to MJ that much?

"Yeah, it was." MJ half-heartedly agreed, "Come on I have to drop you off at your house." MJ was standing in front of Kiara practically hovering above her. He hated how fast his heart beat because of the close proximity with Kiara. 

Kiara looked up, staring directly into his brown orbs. 

Doesn't she feel anything?

 MJ thought to himself and backed away.

"Where is my brother? I need to talk to him." Kiara asked, remembering the fact that she had to talk with her brother about all the bullying rumors she had heard from Gorya, and wanted to know if they were true.

If he really was like one of those monsters she still has nightmares about?

"He had to head back early due to some work." Kiara nodded at MJ's reply.

"On the way can we stop at a cafe? I wanna grab a cup of coffee." Kiara asked and MJ nodded. He offered his helmet to Kiara, "What about you?"

"You are more important." And with that MJ sat on the bike, not wanting to face Kiara after what slipped his mouth, "Hold on tight." He warned before starting his bike and zooming out of the school gates.

And Ren just watched them go off on MJ's bike as he sighed in defeat, "Why was I even waiting here?" He mumbled to himself, feeling stupid for hiding behind the bushes just to eavesdrop on MJ and Kiara's conversation.

Ayo! One more update, cause why not? Alright, now that I have provided you guys with two new chapters, I might not post for a week or so. Please adjust.

Also, give my other book 'Not His Obsession' a chance on my other Wattpad account LETSNOTBEPEACEFUL