Chapter- 24

A/N POV

"A party?" Kiara asked, sitting up on her bed as Kavin walked over and sat at the edge of her bed.

"Yeah, Mira's welcome party," Kavin replied nodding along. He looked just as tired as Kiara. Both siblings hadn't talked about the betrothal situation. They needed time to process it. 

And as much as Kavin hated their parents for doing this to his sister. He knew he had to stay calm and handle the situation. Or else everything would get even more messed up.

"Do I have to come? I mean no one would even notice or care if I am there or not." Kiara whined burying her head into the fluffy pillows. Kavin sighed knowing exactly why Kiara didn't wish to go there.

Because of MJ, it's not like he was mad at MJ. He knew that MJ himself wasn't aware of all these arrangements their parents had made. But he couldn't blame Kiara for feeling uncomfortable around MJ as well.

"Mira send a special invitation and a dress she picked herself for you. She would be devastated if you don't come." Kavin said as a maid entered the room after knocking, with a beautiful dress in her hands.

It was a short black dress, with diamond beads knitted on the upper half of it, while the lower half looked like a short skirt with a massive flare of net material. To sum it up, it was a very elegant and beautiful dress. Just like Kiara,

"I am not wearing tha-" Before Kiara could finish her sentence Kavin's phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and picked up the call handing it to Kiara, who had a confused look on her face.

"Kiara! Did you see the dress I sent for you? Did you try it on? How is it?" Mira bombarded Kiara with questions, excitement evident in her voice. This just made Kiara feel pressured. 

"You will find out when I come to the party," Kiara replied sighing at her failed attempt of trying to say no, "When do I have to start getting ready?" Kiara asked Kavin who smiled at his sister. 

"If you start right now, then I am sure we will reach the exact time of our entry," Kavin replied looking at his watch.

"I am sorry. What? Our entry?"

"Yeah. We F4 always enter after everyone else."

"Like brides?" Kavin was left speechless at his sister's strange example.

"Just change into your dress. The stylists will be up here any minute." Kavin left the room, to change as well.

Kiara shrugged at her brother's sulky mood and got up to change into the dress from her comfortable hoodie and shorts. For a moment there she wished that she didn't belong to such a reputed family, so she could go to the party wearing something more comfortable. Like hoodie and shorts.

As soon as Kiara got out of her walk-in closet with her dress on, she noticed two strangers on her vanity table setting up their make-up products.

"Excuse me?" Kiara called out to both the women who turned, a warm smile plastered on their faces.

"Oh, hello Ms. Kiara! I am Stacy and this is Layla. We will be doing your make-up." The one with the light brown hair chirped. 

"So that's what Kavin meant by the stylists," Kiara mumbled to herself and nodded at the two, "I don't want any heavy make-up, just make it look natural." She informed the two.

"Then why are we even here?" The ravenette whom Kiara assume is Layla spoke up. 

"What?" Kiara asked confused at the sudden sentence.

"Oh, I didn't mean to be rude. I mean that you are very beautiful without any make-up and you just said that you need us to do a natural look on you, which you already have......" Layla trailed off as she scratched her nape, regretting speaking up.