Chapter- 30

Ren was gone before Kiara could come back downstairs and explain everything to him and Kavin.

"Where did Ren go?" The urgency in Kiara's voice was evident but only evident enough for Jungkook to notice.

"To Mira. He just stormed off after you went upstairs." Kavin replied and Jungkook noticed how Kiara's eyes dulled at the mention of that other female's name. Or was it because Ren went to her

"Now mind explaining to me all this, dear sis?" Kavin asked as Kiara frowned even more, she wanted to explain everything to Ren as well. She didn't know why she felt that urge to explain to him that Jungkook was her best friend. Nothing more.

But Kavin deserved an explanation as well which Kiara and Jungkook proudly gave to him. It briefly started with Jungkook saying, "She is not only my best friend but half of the reason why me and the other six guys back in Seoul exist." And then everything that happened from Kiara's kidnapping till here was explained by Kiara.

"So, you went to this Kim Mingyu for help instead of your brother." Kavin's tone made her flinch a little, she knew that Kavin would be hurt after hearing this. She didn't think he would be this hurt.

"Well, I wanted to at first. But then MJ's reaction really scared me. I thought that you would act the same way he did and won't allow me to even contact Kook or others." Kiara explained her tone calm, knowing that she should have trusted her brother more than MJ.

"But you didn't Kiara." Kavin was hurt, "You should have come to me, hell I gave you my phone without any questions when you asked for it." 

"Kavin," She started, "I am sorry." She moved closer to her brother, "I was wrong for thinking that you would act like MJ did. But I don't blame him for his reaction, I mean I did plan to run back to Korea if MJ was able to help me contact Kook. But the more time I spend with you and everyone here, I realized that this is my family, a place where I belonged from the start."

She looked at Jungkook who had a small smile playing on his lips, assuring her that he would support every decision she made, "And I realized that I won't fight any of you anymore. I will stay here and will fly back to Seoul from time to time to meet the people who raised me since the very start of my teenage years." The moment she finished she was pulled into a tight hug by Kavin.

"Thank you for deciding to stay," he mumbled as Kiara smiled embracing him back, she would not exactly like to admit this. But having an older brother was something she really started looking up to.

it took time for Kavin and Jungkook to warm up to each other but the moment they had two glasses of wine in their system, they started getting along and until dinner, it felt like they were long-lost friends. Kiara loved seeing the two significant boys of her life getting along so well.

It was late at night and Jungkook and Kavin were fast asleep in their rooms. Jungkook of course on the guest room that was nearest to Kiara's. He made the fact very clear that he hated being away from her after being a country away from her for a long time (two weeks at most).

The moment Kiara entered her room after taking a cold shower, from her walk-in closet, she witnessed a sketchbook lying on her desk. It wasn't hers and she is sure of it.

Then she remembered her first encounter with Ren in this very room, where she was having a nightmare he woke her up. He had the same sketchbook in his hands.

She walked over to her desk picking up the sketch book she noticed a pencil between one of the pages. She knew that it was Ren's private property but her curiosity got the best of her and she opened the exact page where the pencil was.