Chapter- 25

A/N POV

"Kiara!" Mira's voice interrupted Ren and Kiara's awkward little conversation. Kiara was kind of glad that she didn't have to keep the awkward conversation going. But at the same time, she wanted to keep talking to Ren, "Oh my gosh! You look stunning! Ah, any guy would be lucky to have a girlfriend as beautiful as you- Or a girl!" Mira glared at Thyme and continued, "It's a modern world so whatever."

A few hours before Kiara and Kavin reached Mira's mansion, Thyme and Mira had gotten into a fight where some harsh yet playful words were exchanged.

"You know you can be very old-fashioned sometimes Mira." Thyme had accused to which he had earned a very pointed heel on his head.

"I am not!" One thing Mira hated was people saying she was old-fashioned. When they were kids Mira had said something about how men were so strong and masculine during the 90's movies, always protecting their women. And since then, Thyme has kept teasing her about that.

"Alright, enough the two of you." Ren sighed in frustration, "Mira, you are not old-fashioned which everyone knows- I mean it, everyone. You are the heir of your parent's everything they have on this earth. And you have kept a very positive attitude about overtaking everything. Don't listen to Thyme, he likes messing around."

"Yeah, if he blabs too much just kick him in the balls. It usually works for me." Kiara chimed in as she nodded proudly, while Ren just grinned like an absolute fool as he gazed at Kiara. 

"What the hell?" Thyme exclaimed while Mira nodded as well, considering Kiara's idea.

"Not a bad idea." Mira said, "Anyway, let's go to my room, these boys have been no help in picking my shoes out." Mira dragged the other girl to her room while Ren just stared until Mira slammed the door shut.

"I have to make a call." MJ finally spoke up startling everyone in the room a bit, this was the first time he spoke after the KIttiyangkul siblings entered the room. 

Kavin noticed the discomfort in his friend's face and went after him. Leaving Thyme and Ren alone in the room. Ren went to sit on the single sofa in the room, which happened to be right beside the one Thyme was sitting on.

"You keep staring," Thyme spoke up after a few moments of silence.

"What?" Ren asked a little nervous about where Thyme was taking this.

"I know I look handsome, you don't need to stare man! I like girls!" Thyme burst out laughing and that's when Ren realized that it was the end of Thyme's tolerance for alcohol.

"Alright, you gotta stop drinking buddy." He took the glass from Thyme's hand and placed it on the bar, while also fetching him a water bottle.

"But seriously dude, don't be so obvious," Ren was about to retort when Thyme spoke up, "If Kavin found out about this, he would kill you and then bring you back to life only to kill you again."

"What do you mean?" Ren knew what the other meant, he just wanted to make sure.

"Kiara. You have feel-"

"Come on guys, let's go! Or else we are going to be late to our own party." Mira came out of her room with Kiara right behind her. Kiara's face held an expression that didn't quite sit right with Ren.

She looked so confused and distorted as if she had been just revealed to a truth she had been avoiding like the plague.

"Yep, let's go." Thyme jumped up and headed out of the room, "MJ, Kavin let's go!" He shouted as the other two nodded and started walking, already ahead of Thyme, while Ren walked with him.