Chapter- 27

A/N POV

"What's taking them so long?" Kiara asked for the hundredth time as Ren sighed, it had only been five minutes since they stepped on the dance floor, and the whole time Kiara didn't take her eyes off the staircase. 

"They will be here soon." Ren kept his eyes on Kiara glued on Kiara, "If you don't want your neck to get cramp up you should look ahead and not sideways." Subtext was 'look at me', but Ren would never say that out loud in a million years.

"Wh-" 

"Come on guys, keep moving forward." A familiar voice interrupted Kiara as Mingyu came into the teenagers' view again. Kiara looked around to find that all the couples rotated every five minutes and were moving to dance with the next partner.

And Kiara was next to dance with Mingyu, while Ren was to dance with Seung Mi.

Mingyu smirked a little before taking Kiara away from Ren and nudging him towards his fiance, "Keep up with the crowd." He commented making Ren feel even more annoyed and furious, "So, hey once again." Mingyu chirped as he looked at Kiara, "He's a very jealous one, you boyfriend I mean."

"He's not my boyfriend, he's not even my friend, I guess." Kiara laughed a little when she saw just how Mingyu could annoy Ren.

"Yet." Kiara gave the older male a confusing look, "The way he looks at you, and the glare he gave me when I kissed your hand; he likes you, dummy." 

"I am sorry if you have been told your whole life that you aren't funny. But you are, really trust me I am trying my best to not crack up right here on the dance floor." Kiara responded, then looked at Ren who was busy burning holes where Mingyu's hand rested on Kiara's waist and another holding her hand.

"Let's move to your subject, aren't you jealous that someone else is dancing with your fiance?" Kiara asked, looking back at Mingyu.

"She trusts me with you and I trust her with your boyfriend." The older shrugged.

"He's not my boyfriend." Kiara groaned, "Anyways, can I ask you something?"

"What kind of gentlemen would I be if I rejected your question Ms. Kittiyangkul?"

"I have actually heard quite a lot about your father back when I was in Seoul." Kiara paused, reluctant if she should continue, "And if I am right, he's a major shareholder of the Hybe?"

"Used to be," Kiara's stomach dropped at the revelation, "Now I am." Gosh, if they weren't at a party Kiara would have definitely smacked Mingyu with those high heels she was wearing.

"Can I ask for a favor?" Kiara's serious tone, made Mingyu realize that the girl wasn't in the mood to joke around.

"Sure. But not here, this is a party, and no business talks are allowed. How about we exchange numbers and we can meet at a cafe to discuss whatever business you need to talk about?"

"That would mean a lot to me. Thank Mr. Kim."

"Just call me Mingyu, Mr. Kim sounds very old." Kiara laughed as they continued dancing until the music stopped and everyone's eyes fell towards the staircase upon Mira and Gorya, who was now wearing a beautiful sea-green dress with sparkling silver heels. She looked gorgeous.

"Excuse me." Kiara excused herself and practically sprinted to Gorya, "Hey, you look beautiful." She chimed, as Gorya smiled looking at herself and then back at Kiara.

"Really?" She asked as Kiara nodded, "I-"

"What the hell?" Thyme's voice boomed throughout the entire party hall as he strode towards the three girls, "Mira what is all this? Why did you dress her up? She doesn't even belong here. She caused so many fights between me and Ren!"