chapter²

soft yellow

soft yellow

a/n: OKAY, SO. I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE DON'T LIKE MISAKO FROM THE SERIES AND PREFER MISAKO (KOKO) FROM THE MOVIE SO LLOYD'S MAMA WILL BE FROM THE MOVIE!!

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

06:45 AM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

lloyd watches the sunrise with a sigh. he's already ready for school. he's usually the first one ready but last one to leave the monastery. 

lloyd sips on the hot chocolate he made, the pink and white marshmallow's floating on top of the brown liquid. 

"hi, sunshine," lloyd looks down from the roof, seeing her mother. the best woman in his life. she climbs up, lloyd putting his free hand out to help her but she blocks him with her and gets up safely. "i'm not that old," misako says, her ginger hair brightening by the sun. but still has a few grey strands here and there. 

"hi mom," lloyd says, giving her the green mug. misako takes a sip, smiling at the warmth. 

"if i died today, at least i know i taught you how to make hot chocolate properly," misako smiles. lloyd rolls his eyes, taking the mug back. "what's wrong, sunshine?"

misako places one of her arms around lloyd, making him sigh. 

"nothing, mom,"

"is it your soulmate?" lloyd places the mug on the roof, making sure it won't spill. he pulls up the sleeve of the dark green jumper he's wearing, seeing the light yellow heart on his wrist. he smiles, touching it softly. 

lloyd was shocked the first time he saw the heart. him? a soulmate? the first spinjitzu master, his grandfather, is letting him have a soulmate?

but it gives him hope. a chance to fall in love with someone one. no matter who they are. 

"no, mom," he says, pulling the sleeve down. "the heart is a light yellow meaning that they're happy and tired,"

misako squeezing lloyd, making him groan out playfully, making misako squeeze him even tighter. 

"i don't deserve you, sunshine," she says, kissing his forehead. "i know you're ready for school but maybe just stay out here some more and chill for a bit, yeah?"

"okay mom," lloyd says, giving her a hug. misako sighs in the hug, before climbing down the monastery. 

lloyd looks back up at the sky, pulling his knees to his chest. today will be a good day. it's the start of a year. the last year of high school and then he's free. 

"who used my cream?!" 

lloyd sniffles a laugh before climbing down the roof. who ever used nya's cream is done for. let's hope it's not kai.