chapter¹⁸

the mayor?

the mayor?

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

11:23 AM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

in mid october, there are a lot of practice runs for the winter competitions. this includes all sports, clubs and everything in between.  

which is fun for y/n. she loves games in october. it's when fall is. the orange leaves falling off the trees. sipping pumpkin spiced things. trying to match colours with the season by wearing a bit more orange than pink. 

y/n shakes her pompoms, sitting on a bleacher. there's a basketball game today, which means she is leading a performance in cheer at half time. and the other cheer team from the opposing team will too. 

she stops her foot on the floor, looking down. she's been on the cheer team for a while. we know this. has she ever leaded a cheer dance before in front of people? nope. 

"hi," y/n looks up, seeing a pale skinned girl with blue eyes and black hair looking at her. "i'm nya, kai's twin sister,"

"oh, hi!" y/n says, standing up and dropping her pompoms at the same time. "is there something i can help you with?"

"i just wanted to say good luck on cheering," nya says, putting her hands in the pocket of her low waisted jeans. "and lloyd wanted to say it to but he was too busy training and getting changed to actually do it. and he's a slight pussy,"

"oh," y/n laughs. "that's okay. tell him i said good luck too, if you can,"

nya nods, waving the cheer captain goodbye. this slightly improves y/n's mood. the heart on her wrist going a greyish blue colour. she frowns, looking at it. her soulmate is worried? why are they worried? are they okay?

she kisses her wrist, hopeful that it provides them some sort of comfort. how she wishes that she just knew who it was and could give them a massive hug already. or a kiss. she wouldn't mind any of them. 

"are you ready?" elena says, walking over to y/n in her cheer uniform. for the two captains, the cheer costumes are slightly different. well, to represent that they're captains. instead of their tops being blue and yellow like everyone else, they're are blue, white and yellow with silver sequins on it. 

"are you?" y/n asks, picking up her pompoms. elena nods, the white ribbons in her hair matching her top. "good, good. i am slightly nervous but everything will be good as we have practiced this routine a lot,"

"your dad's here," y/n whips her head back spotting her father sit next to the principle. oh gosh. why is he here? "are you going to be okay because he is?"

"yeah," y/n mumbles, shaking her pompoms. "i'll be fine," why is he here?