chapter¹²

family things, i guess

warning: mentioning bad parenting

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

06:36 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

elena closes the door of her apartment, the mousy brown haired girl living alone. her mother and father aren't bad people. but not good together. many things had occurred when elena lived with them. violence, shouting, arguing, broken plates. 

living alone and way from her parents is the better choice. 

the soft pink umbrella contrasts the dark purple of her living room. 

it's weird right? that y/n gave it her. they haven't exactly been buddy buddy. and they've known each other for about four years. 

elena puts it next to the wall, before taking off her shoes and her coat. 

she definitely has a few people she wants on the cheer team. but they all have to go through y/n. 

elena does know y/n's instagram...she could text her, right?

Y/N 🩷

y/nl/n • instagram

178 million followers • 201 posts

Y/n

elena?

hi

are you okay? 

did you get home safe?

Yes

Thank you for the umbrella

oh 

no problem 😊

I wanted to ask about who you wanted on the cheer squad?

I have some names but 

Obviously, I need to go through you first

uh 

no you don't

you're vice captain

you can make your own decisions

i trust your judgement

just give me the names and i'll write them down 

and post them on student wall

Oh 

Really?

yeah

Oh okay

Thanks them 

no problem 😊

Should I give you the umbreela tomorrow?

you can kept it if you want

i have a lot at home

Ah okay

i have something to do 

so i'll see you tomorrow

have a good rest of your day, elena

Ah

Bye Y/n

seem

y/n puts her phone down, entering her house. the white making the house seem airy but lonely.

she hears discussion in the main room where her father would have all his important meetings. she opens the door slightly, seeing him in a black and white suit with the rest of the board with him. 

y/n closes the door softly, running up the stairs to be stopped by the head butler. henry. 

"miss," he bows. henry is a short old man who's been head butler to the mayor's house since he was twenty. he's fifty seven now.  "how was school?"

"it was good," y/n smiles, the two walking up the stairs. "held try outs for cheer and we have some pretty good competitors,"

"i glad to hear that, miss," herny says, opening the door to her room. sailor barks, pawing at y/n's tights. thankfully, she wore super thick ones so they won't rip. 

"hi boy," y/n says, dropping her bags and picking the puppy up. "how was he today, herny?"

"the usually; wanting to go on a walk every five seconds," herny states, his white gloved hands behind his back. "however, he is starting to use his potty correctly so i would say that we are improving! right, sailor?"

sailor barks, licking y/n's face. 

"uh..." y/n starts, putting sailor down. "did my dad say anything about me?"

"i'm sorry, miss," herny shakes his head, making y/n sigh softly. "how about it get valencia and mel to start dinner? i can even ask them to make [favourite food] and [favourite cake],"

"i'll come help," y/n says, putting a fake smile on her face. "but just let me shower first,"

henry nods with a bow, exiting the room. y/n checks the heart on her wrist, the beige. she kisses her heart before walking into her bathroom with a slight frown on her face.