chapter²⁷

(filler again) 

(filler again) 

a/n: everyone who's reading, i literally heart you. don't forget to comment and vote!!

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

04:25 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

lloyd groans, slamming his head against the table. not too hard, don't worry. he's okay. 

"if you keep doing that, you will hurt yourself," pixal says as she sits opposite him. they're in the library. his mother's library. montgomery library. yup, misako named it after lloyd. she's cute like that. 

pixal is a sweetheart. as she is not a ninja and doesn't go to the high school, because she thinks that it's a complete waste of time, she works at the montgomery library. but that's not the reason that she's a sweetheart. she's a sweetheart as she's helping lloyd with maths. 

lloyd is bad at maths. why did he pick it for a level? we do not know. but he really wants to be good at maths. and he can't go to zane. zane has this thing where he'll make you feel so much more dumb because he's so smart. and lloyd hates that. 

so he went to the second smartest person he knows. pixal. 

"maybe, it'll be better if i just eat the paper?" lloyd says as the robot looks at him unimpressed. her green pixalted eyes meet his human ones. "pixal, this isn't working,"

"you are scared of failing," pixal says, softly. "you will get this! now, try again," pixal puts her hand out, giving him a classic pencil. 

lloyd sighs, trying the hard maths question again. 

💚

he sits in the boba place, drinking the sweet drink. he got his regular, turning his maps off so he doesn't need to go and hoard a whole load of drinks for his family. 

"lloyd?" he looks up, seeing y/n. his pupils dilate, a smile sitting on his lips. "i didn't know you came here! how are you?"

"y/n, hi!" lloyd coughs, making his voice lower. "i-i'm pretty good. i come here sometimes...?" how does he continue this conversation? 

"can i sit with you?" y/n asks. lloyd nods, not trusting his mouth. "i feel like we haven't talked in a while," y/n sits down on the stool, putting her boba in the table. "any new drama?"

"w-what about me?" lloyd asks. "uh-no, no," he lies. "i live a pretty quiet life,"  like he wasn't throwing gang members into walls a few days ago. "just me, myself and i,"

"do you want to hang out one day then?" y/n questions, slurping on her drink. "unless the quiet life is just too good for me too invade?"

lloyd laughs, putting his hand on his chin in fake thought. he cannot mess this up. he's talking to her as a friend. he needs to be calm and collected. 

"maybe?" he jokes. "one day, i'll fit you in my schedule,"

y/n laughs, her eyes closing. under his green jumper, lloyd's heart goes yellow and under y/n's pink long sleeved top, y/n's heart goes light pink. 

"is that math?" the [skin color] skinned girl asks, pointing at the papers underneath lloyd's arms. wow, lloyd has strong looking arms. damn. lloyd nods, trying to cover it with his arms again. "do you need help?"

it's way too embarrassing to ask the girl he likes to help him with math. 

"nope," lloyd says, popping the p. 

"are you sure?" y/n asks, raising her eyebrows. lloyd bites the inside of his cheek, holding in a smile. she's so pretty. 

"yes, i'm-" a shiver goes up lloyd's back as he looks out onto the bustling streets. something isn't right. "i-i need to go," lloyd says, standing up quickly. 

"oh," he sees the small sadness in y/n's face, the heart on his wrist, going a dark blue. representing sadness. he doesn't want to make her sad. that's the last thing he wants to do. and hopefully, he'll never do it. "okay. i'll see you around?" y/n gives him an unsure wobbly smile. 

"of course," lloyd says with a smile, waving as he leaves in the boba store. 

y/n watches him as he leaves through her glasses. oh well. she can go visit her mother then.