chapter⁴

murky brown

murky brown

warning: mention of bullying, mature jokes?

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

12:30 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

lloyd sits on the table in the corner of the cafeteria, away from everyone. he eats his sandwich which actually tastes really good. 

his father could actually make some pretty good sandwiches. 

"hey, man!" kai says, sitting down next to the blonde. "you okay?"

did lloyd want to tell his friend that he got bullied today just like he did every day? not really. 

"yeah," lloyd lies with a fake smile. "you okay?" lloyd asks. "where's skylor?"

kai sighs loudly, his hand on his chin. 

"my lady is sick," he says, playing with his sinigang. "i miss her so much," lloyd has jealously for kai finding his soulmate young. kai and skylor meet when each other at the age sixteen and they only got more in love from there.

"maybe so see her after school?" lloyd suggests, sipping on his orange juice. the only healthy thing he ever drinks. 

"you know what, i will!"

lloyd rolls his eyes, the rest of the squad sit down on the table with their lunch trays. zane, with nothing; because he doesn't need to eat. nya, with some spicy ramen and a dr pepper can. jay, a really big burger with a chips and a large coca cola bottle. cole, with cake. and more cake. oh and large bottle of water. 

"what were you guys talking about?" cole asks, diving into his cake pretty fast. how he is the strongest ninja, we do not know. 

"i miss the love of my life," kai says, digging into his sinigang. 

"when do you not miss sky?" nya asks, using chopsticks to eat her ramen noodles. "you are so in love with her~" nya teases, making kai roll his eyes at his sister. the smith twins always having a slight rivalry towards each other. 

"like you and jay aren't the same?" kai snorts, making jay blush pink in embarrassment. jay and nya are a cute couple. a very new couple too. they didn't want to date before because they were too scared. but they're not scared anymore, thank the first spinjitzu master. "little babies in love~"

"stop talking, kai!" lloyd is also jealous of nya and jay. will he ever admit it? nope.

"maybe," zane pipes up, his icy blue eyes looking at all his friends. "we should just enjoy our meal and then leave school after?"

"can't," kai says. "i need to try out for basketball again so i'm going to go and train with the rest of the team,"

"could we watch?" cole asks, moving his black headphones off his ears and around his neck. 

"you'd need to ask y/n-"

"i'll do it," the rest of the ninja look at lloyd like he just decided to never wear green again. 

"uh...what...?" jay asks, dipping his chips in a mixture of mayonnaise and ketchup sauce. 

"are you sure, man?" kai asks. 

"what?" lloyd chuckles. "i can't ask her?"

"of course, you can!" nya quickly says before any of the other boys say anything. she squints her eyes at the rest of them, making sure they don't safe anything. especially zane. that boy has no filter. "but you have a crush on her and we just don't want you to embarrass yourself," yup, lloyd has a massive crush on y/n. she helped him out once when he didn't know which classroom to get to. 

yup, he also has a soulmate who he has no idea who it is. and technically he is being very disloyal to his soulmate as he has romantic feelings for another, but who cares?

"i won't embarrass myself," lloyd says, getting up from his seat. "it'll be fine. oh and remember patrol is at seven,"

"sir, yes, sir,"

"aye aye, captain,"

"i pretty sure he's making sure kai doesn't fuck skylor and be late again-"

"shut up, cole!"

lloyd smiles softly as he walks away from his friends. his family. he looks at the heart on his wrist, seeing the colour as a murky brown. 

his soulmate is uncomfortable. oh no.