chapter²⁵

trying

trying

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

08:09 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

"you need to talk to him," misako says to her husband as she sits in the forest watching the sunset. she's always loved the sunsets. reminds her of her husband, and her son. her very treasure. her sunshine. garmadon sighs. he's bad at stuff like this. 

"he is more likely to listen to you than listen to me," garmadon sits down next to her, their hair blowing in the wind. 

"he is acting more like you when you were young than he's acting like me when i was young," misako says, watching as the hues of orange, pink, purple and blue disappear. garmadon looks away, making misako squint her eyes at him. "garmadon,"

"alright," he says softly. 

💚

garmadon sighs as he knocks onto the door of lloyd's room. 

"come in," he hears from the other side. he can do this. he's just talking to a teenage boy. who is destined to save the world. every single time. that the world is in trouble. "oh, hey dad. are you okay?"

"son..." now, what does he say? "how are you?"

lloyd looks at his father with a confused face. what is going on?

"i'm good..." lloyd says, taking a quick glance it to his heart seeing it be a light pink. whoever his soulmate is, they're tired but feels loved. or flustered. "are you okay?"

lloyd and garmadon's relationship is...well...i'll just show you. 

"yes, are you?"

"you already asked me that," lloyd says, amused. "did you need something?"

"no, i will take my leave now,"

"okay..." lloyd laughs. "bye dad," garmadon closes the door behind him, sighing. he tried his hardest. lloyd and misako have a much better relationship. 

"you had one job, garmadon," misako says, walking past with a tut with her glasses and her work shirt on. 

"i tried, koko!"

mamabear🐻❤️‍🩹

mommmm

are you home?

i called your name 

but you didn't answer

Llloyddd

I'm not at home

I went to the library for work :)

oh okay 

so

what did you say to dad?

...

What do you mean?

like 

why did he come in my room and say nothing?

...

mom.

WELL

I might have asked him to check up on you

You two don't talk often

I'm worried about my favourite men

huh

i thought 

your favourite man was shawn mendes?

🤔

AND I LOVE HIM

But I mean my little sunshine baby

mommmmmm

stop calling me that

I'm not going to stop

You should know thattt ;) 

And, of course, my husband

It hurts me that you two don't talk :(

sigh

alright 😒

i'll try and talk to him

GREAT

I LOVE YOU BABY

yeah, yeah

 i love you too mom

😘

seen

[babybear🐻👶🏼 reacted to this message]