chapter³¹

boys are the worst

boys are the worst

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

09:21 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

"what's a thing like you doing in a place like this?" oh no. y/n tenses up, before looking up to the stars. why must this happen?

y/n turns around seeing nicholas in a puffer jacket. she relaxes softly, seeing that it's someone she knows. 

"visiting someone," y/n says, looking back at the tombstone. "what are you doing?" sailor starts to bark towards nicholas who takes a step back away from y/n. he's scared of dogs. if it was obvious. but he wasn't that close to her. 

"on a walk,"

"in the dark? alone?"

"you are also in the 'dark? alone'?" nicholas says, rolling his eyes and using quotation marks. y/n scrunches her nose at him before clicking her fingers and getting sailor's attention from trying to pee on nicholas' foot. 

"i am a badass woman, i am allowed to be in the dark alone," y/n says, fixing her pink hat. "you however, are a little boy,"

"uh?" nicholas asks, his eyebrows raised. "excuse me? who are you calling-"

"is there a problem here?" the green ninja appears out of nowhere, his dark parts of his gi blending in with the shadows in the graveyard. he gives a small side eye to nicholas before directly giving y/n all his attention. "miss?"

"there's no-"

"i was asking the lady," the green ninja continues to look over to y/n who blinks rapidly before picking up sailor. 

"everything's good, green ninja," y/n says with a small smile, making the green ninja's heart beat quicker. and the heart on y/n's wrist goes a pretty pink. her favourite colour. "i'm okay. we both are,"

"are you sure?" the green ninja asks as nicholas scoffs. 

"i'm sure," y/n nods. sailor lets his tongue hang out as he pants happily. he's used to the green ninja's scent now. 

"i'm just going to take her home, man. we cool?" nicholas says, walking over to y/n. 

"not a chance," y/n says, walking away from both of the boys. "i can walk home myself. good night to you both,"

the green ninja and nicholas both watch with wide eyes as y/n walks away. 

"i can't lie," nicholas starts. "she's got a big ass, right?"

the green ninja's eyes flicker from bright red to green as he looks away from nicholas. he needs to leave. or he will hurt his guy. 

nicholas turns to see that there's no green ninja. at all. damn. he's quick. 

💚

y/n stretches in her pink pj's, getting into her bed. she snuggles into her fluffy blanket, ready to close her eyes but there's a knock on her window. 

she groans, throwing the blanket off her and marching over to her double balcony doors. she drags the curtains back, the green ninja giving her an awkward wave. 

y/n opens the door with the key, looking at the green saviour. 

"i-i just wanted to make sure you got home okay," the green ninja asks. "and i've realised that i have disturbed your sleep. i'm sorry,"

"no..." y/n sighs out with a tired smile. "it's okay. you're just doing your job. you do this to the other girls, right?"

"what other girls?" and that makes the heart on the green ninja's wrist go bright pink. 

"i am too tired to flirt," y/n yawns, closing her eyes. the green ninja's heart softens as he chuckles softly. "and i also have a soulmate, you green bean. remember that. but thank you for the keyring, i loved it,"

"you don't need to thank me for that. it was my honour have a good night," the green ninja bows, making y/n smile. he jumps off, y/n closing the doors behind her. 

and the stars, they are shining so bright.