chapter⁹

lloyd vs nicholas

lloyd vs nicholas

warning: bullying

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

03:37 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

y/n sits down on the bleachers next to the two younger students she was helping. the red head, her name being samantha but preferred being called sam or sammy. and the black girl with the space buns, jennifer but preferred calling jenny. 

"so if he's not your boyfriend, why does he keep look at you and smiling to himself?"

y/n groans into her knees. who knew freshman were so nosey? samantha and jennifer giggles with each other, laughing at y/n's annoyed face. 

"i'm pretty sure he's just looking around at his surroundings," y/n starts. she feels like a mother of two and she's only known them for an hour and a bit. "you know, because it's a basketball game?"

"sure..." jennifer says, giving samantha a knowing look. samantha lets her green eyes dart around the court, seeing nicholas. she doesn't know him but something about that bleached hair and fake tan is giving her the ick. 

💚

kai passes the ball to lloyd who get in form, letting the ball swish in the basketball hoop. but does the referee count it? nope. 

lloyd sighs with a shrug but kai's getting fired up. quite literally. 

"it's fine," lloyd laughs, putting his hand on his friend's shoulder, trying to extinguish the flames in the dark brown haired boy's eyes. the best thing right now is that y/n's watching. and she's actually enjoying it.  

"this is so fucking wack, bro," kai grunts, moving to the defence. lloyd sighs, used to by now. 

nicholas moves the ball down the court, going straight for lloyd. i mean, why not go for the son of the guy who's been tormenting new ninjago city for the longest time?

lloyd squints his eyes, letting him go past him swiftly. he's not here to fight. he's not even here to get on the team. he's just trying out. and he doesn't seem to like the team environment very much. why does kai play for this team?

"come on, garmadork!" one of nicholas' lackey's shout. "can you even play? you loser!"

the rest of ninja squad who are sitting on the bleachers heard that. but no one else did, with the screaming and cheering amongst the crowd, how could they?

lloyd looks up to the team, shaking his head. it's the last first day he'll ever had. it'll be fine. 

"there's no need," he whispers. "it's fine-" a ball gets thrown in lloyd's face who catches it without a flinch. 

y/n gasps, looking towards nicholas who had thrown it. that can't be right, aren't they apposing teams?

"come on, garmadumb," nicholas taunts. seriously, you can't think of anything better? "one one one, me and you. come on, you scared?"

lloyd glances towards kai who nods slowly. then he looks up to the ninja team. jay, nodding very enthusiastically. cole looks at lloyd amused. nya shrugs, knowing that this is going to end well either way. zane looks disappointed but still nods none the less. 

"of you? never,"