chapter³⁴

yawning always seems to interrupt-yawn

a/n: i'm draft writing chapter fifty right now ;D

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

06:16 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

elena has been watching y/n all practice. and as y/n's one number bestie, she has realised the truth. 

y/n is tired. 

she has been yawning a lot throughout practice. and that's more than usual. because y/n never yawns during practice. 

"okay!" elena shouts, getting everyone's attention. and y/n's, stopping the [skin colour] skinned girl from closing her eyes to sleep. "practice is being cut short, people! go home! rest up! we'll continue this tomorrow!"

the rest of the cheer squad let out grumbles and mutter amongst each other but more or less, they're happy to leave early. 

elena turns to the pink loving girl, seeing how slow it's taking her to get her things. she sighs, shaking her head. 

"y/n," she says, walking over to her friend. y/n yawns with a stretch, making elena smile at her. "come on, let's get you home,"

💚

"this is why you don't do cheer, cuz," morro says, starting his car. it's a green small car. but it's nice and cosy. 

elena rolls her eyes as y/n begins to sleep softly on her shoulder. 

"and you woulda let walk home in the dark with the actual princess of the people's heart in the rain?" elena scoffs. "please, morro. don't be a dick. just take us to her house. i know the head butler, he'll get her safe in the house,"

she has a head butler? damn. spoiled much?

"say less, el," morro mutters, turning up the music which is connected to his car via bluetooth. little dark age plays through the speakers, elena sighing softly in the backseat, watching the rain droplets race each other on the window of the car. 

💚

"thank you, miss elena," henry says as he takes y/n, helping the girl try and stand properly. "please, make sure you get home safe,"

"i will, henry, thanks," henry does a small bow, closing the door behind him as he carries the girl up to her room. herny's always loved y/n as a daughter. ever since his own daughter, vowed never to speak to him again when she found out that he was gay, it left a heavy hole in his heart. a hole that y/n fills. 

"is that y/n?" herny turns slightly, seeing d/n, the mayor, come out of the meeting room. herny nods. "is she...alright?"

"yes, sir. is there anything that you need?"

d/n goes to say something, herny hoping that it is something of actually value. like to tuck in his daughter. and actually come and see if she's okay. but the [skin colour] skinned male closes his mouth shut and sighs. 

"no...make sure she sleeps well, henry," d/n closes the door of the meeting room softly. herny sighs, grumbling under his breath. 

why did he have to be so stubborn? why did she have to be so nice and understanding? they both need each other, so why haven't they done anything?