chapter²⁶

pink skittles

pink skittles

warning: my baby elena with slight insecurities :<

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

08:09 AM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

"we should definitely do a sleepover again," y/n says, closing her locker with her hip. elena shrugs. 

"if you want to? maybe when mocks are starting?" elena says, holding her lilac hand bag. "we just have to wait for halloween to be over,"

"ugh, i [love/hate] halloween," y/n says with a [shiver/smile]. "[but/so], i'm staying home and watching coraline, cuddling with sailor and wearing my orange snuddie,"

"that seems like a good plan," elena hums. 

"you want to come?"

"was i not at your house like three days ago?"

"so?" y/n smiles. "sailor and henry both miss you~"

elena rolls her eyes, reapplying her clear lip gloss on her lips. she looks at herself in the mirror in her locker, seeing the spots starting to come out. she's traces over them with her pointer finger. she sighs. she's on the cheer squad. periods are so annoying. 

"i'll think about it," elena says, closing her locker door. y/n smiles, having hope. 

"you'll say yes," y/n nods, elena rolling her eyes again. 

"you are so gross,"

"that's starting to be your catch phrase, you know,"

💚

y/n sits in the library, reading a astrology book. yes. a astrology book. her mother, when she was alive, was really adamant with y/n doing astrology. and physics as well. y/n actually liked the subjects so she was okay with it. but it was really strange. 

mother's daughter by miley cyrus plays into her ears, her [colour] eyes scanning over a page before writing it into her note book. 

she takes a quick glance at her heart, seeing that it's a light grey. oh, are they tired? she frowns slightly, kissing her wrist. 

"you like pink, right?" y/n looks up, taking [out/off] her pink [head phones/ear phones/air pods]. she sees a student. they have black long hair, nice and wavy. a double slit in their left eyebrow. half of it is tied up and the other half, let down. his steel grey eyes looking at hers. 

"huh?" y/n questions. "sorry, what did you say?"

"pink? it's like your favourite colour, right?"

"um yeah?" y/n lets out a confused laugh. who is this? what's his name? they tried out for the basketball team, didn't they?

"here," y/n puts her hand out, the guy giving her a box of pink skittles. "i like tropical skittle packets but i hate the pink ones,"

"aw," y/n smiles, opening the plastic container up. and there are only pink skittles. "it's morro, right?" y/n asks, putting one in her mouth. she loves them. morro nods. "that's really kind of you," morro shrugs. why not give skittles to someone you seriously don't know? might start a friendship for the ages. "why don't you like the pink ones?"

"just too sweet," morro shrugs. 

"but that's why they're so good-"

"hey," elena says, sitting down next to y/n. she's just came back from doing some of her make up. she looks over to morro, nodding at him. "hey, cuz,"

"hey, el," morro nods, pouring some skittles in his mouth from the packet. y/n looks over to the both of them, shocked. but they don't even look alike. but when do cousins every look alike?

"wait, you two are cousins? you call her 'el'? elena, why did you not tell me this?"