chapter⁷

pretty good

pretty good

a/n: my basketball knowledge paying off :)

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

02:32 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

lloyd rubs his sweaty hands on the black basketball shorts cole had lent him. he sits on the bleachers whilst everyone else is stretching. 

you'd never stretch before a battle, so why would you stretch now?

"you okay, man?" kai asks lloyd, dribbling the orange basketball on the stop. 

"yup," lloyd says as he watches people play small matches with eachother. something lloyd loves about his father's genes is the ability to copy movement. "just checking out the competition," and looking for y/n. 

he scans his eyes, seeing the [colour] [hair/hijab wearing] girl with blue and yellow pompom's. she's instructing some younger kids on their movements, showing how to the do the dance routine she's instructed.

a small smiles slips on his lips. she's so beautiful. 

a whistle blows, getting lloyd's attention. a male with bleached blond hair, looking around. 

"alright, everyone!" he calls out, both girls, boys and other students walking over to him in their sporty attire. what? you think only boys can play basketball? please. "we'll be doing basic drills to see who we're kicking out first," lloyd scrunches his nose in disgust. that's not very leadership of you. nicholas turns around, looking at y/n with a small smirk. she doesn't realise as she's too focus on her try outs. "go grab a ball or if you have your own, use that!"

💚

lloyd does a left handed layup to the basketball hoop, the ball entering without a hitch. 

cole cheers, eating his rainbow cake. nya whistles, jay trying to copy her but failing terribly. 

kai does a left handed layup after, it going in. are we really that surprised?

"alright, alright," nicholas says, his black basketball under his arm. the rest of the students who stayed in form a horizontal line. only twenty nine students left. you only need ten on a team. "you're not that bad," nicholas purses his lips, looking at this one student in the eye. "you are though so you're out,"

the student licks their teeth, humming. morro walks away without a care. he only tried out to scare some of the other kids off the team. 

"okay," nicholas says. "now, that we're an even number. let's play a full court game,"

lloyd furrows his eyebrows. but y/n is using the other half of the court. lloyd takes a look at the heart on his wrist. him wearing a white vest, making it easier for him to see it. it's light purple. the light colour showing tiredness and the purple showing excitedness. 

he looks over to y/n, seeing her gulp down some water. oh, how he wishes that it's her. 

"i'll just go tell my girl to get off the court," nicholas winks at the rest of the players, making most of them hum. most of them. 

his girl? she's not dating anyone...is she? lloyd sighs, quietly walking over to the bleachers. 

"what's wrong, lloydy?" kai says, spinning the basketball on his finger. 

"nothing," lloyd glances up at a very smug nicholas talking to very uncomfortable looking y/n. "nothing at all,"