chapter³⁸

the boba date

the boba date...the not boba date...

a/n: pressing the star gives you quicker updates!!!

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

12:38 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

"now, this is good," y/n says, getting on a stool with a slight struggle before sitting on it comfortably. she shakes her boba, watching lloyd effortlessly get onto the stool without even sleep. "okay, you have to be a dancer or something,"

"what?" lloyd says with a laugh. 

"you're too perfectly balanced," y/n says, looking at him suspiciously. "if you secretly do ballet, you can tell me. i won't tell anyone,"

lloyd bursts out laughing. 

"what? no!" he says, clutching his stomach. "nothing against people who do ballet, it's just not my thing. i could never do it. it seems really hard to do,"

"that's true," y/n says, pushing the black plastic straw into the boba cup. she really likes doing that. she likes the sound it makes. "that's really sad though, if you did ballet, i would have let you join the cheer squad," y/n fakes a long sigh, sipping her drink as she looks at lloyd. 

"i'm already on that basketball team," lloyd says. "how could i juggle the two?" he asks with a laugh. as well as being a ninja, training to become a master, being the ulimate spinjitzu master and defeat the new prophecy?

"true..." she says, seeing lloyd not drink or even open his boba. "are you not hungry? or thirsty?"

"just thinking about something," lloyd says, trying to get her to ease from her worries. "you want to do it?" he motions his boba cup and straw to her and she squints her eyes, looking at him. "what...?"

"give it to me," y/n says, lloyd handing it to her. she does it, quickly after shaking the drink. "here you go,"

"thanks," lloyd says, taking it from her. their fingers brush against each other, making lloyd blush ever so slightly and the heart on his wrist go a light pink. "so, what's it like being the daughter of the mayor?"

"curious?"

"very,"

"i mean..." y/n starts. "it's fun? it's a big responsibility to me though, all eyes are on me. hence, me being on the cheer squad and it's captain. you have literally never seen me in a fight,"

"oh. i thought that's because you can't fight," lloyd says, making y/n fake gasp with a smile. 

"and how would you know?"

"can you fight?"

"i...well, no..." y/n admits, slurping on her drink. "but i can do self defense at a basic level. the teacher said i was too incapable to advance," y/n uses quotation marks. "and weak,"

"oh," lloyd frowns. "that's not a very good teacher,"

"eh," y/n shrugs. "never let it bring me down," y/n smiles at him, slurping more of her boba. "do you want to get a strawberry sando?"

"yeah, i love those!" lloyd smiles which makes the heart on y/n's wrist go a nice sunshiny yellow. "i'll pay for it," lloyd starts to get out his wallet, y/n getting her phone out. "wait...weren't we meant to be getting cinnamon buns?"

"uh..." y/n starts. right. they were. it's the whole reason why they are here. but y/n's starting to like lloyd's company even more. "you pay for one, i pay for the other?" y/n suggests. lloyd nods. 

"sure,"

y/nl/n

liked by llloydgarmadon, jennyiscool, kaismith

liked by llloydgarmadon, jennyiscool, kaismith.com, colebrkstoneblksmith & 827, 982, 973 others

y/nl/n 🧋🧋(@llloydgarmadon ate all the cinnamon buns😔)

view 629, 826 comments

llloydgarmadon NO, I DIDN'T 😰

¬ y/nismywife HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE WITH THE PRINCESS ?! 😡😡

¬ welovey/n we can find out where you live, garmadon 😘

¬ ilivefory/n Who even r u? 🤔

¬ y/nl/n please stop guys

¬ y/nl/n it was a joke, i did eat them all

¬ y/nl/n im so sorry, lloyd 😓

¬ llloydgarmadon it's okay 🫠

colebrkstoneblksmith cake is STILL WAY better 🍰🍰 !!

¬ y/nl/n buy me a cake then 🙄

¬ kaismith.com Lloyd can bake, you know 😁 @llloydgarmadon

¬ llloydgarmdon why do you do this? 😀

¬ y/nl/n lloyd's baking me a cake then 😋

¬ lloydgarmadon WHEN DID I EVEN AGREE-

itsnotmorro you didn't try the flavour i recommended 🤨

¬ y/nl/n I LOVE MY FAVE TOO MUCH, NEXT TIMEEE!!

samiscooler i wish i was lloyd right now

¬ jennyiscool fr

¬ elenasallow You guys are gross 😐

sheloves.nicholasramiez ain't no way 

¬ elenasallow Way, fuckboy 😊

nyasssmith awwww

y/nlover who payed for it?

¬ y/nl/n he is a gentlemen, @llloydgarmadon 

¬ lloydgarmadon aww

¬ jayzzz EWWWWWWWWWW 😝😝

¬ nyasssmith leave them alone 😭😭