chapter²⁰

half time

half time

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

11:19 AM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

it's half time, letting the cheer squad take over the court and start their dance. reckless and sweet by amaarae plays through the speakers, letting some of the crowd cheer at the song choice. it's a really good song. 

they're winning. ninjago high is better river park institute. at least, right now anyway. 

lloyd gave the team the most points. and nicholas hasn't been happy about that. kai has though. and the rest of the ninja team. oh, and y/n. she cheered a lot when lloyd made the baskets. and lloyd heard her do it. which made him score even more. 

"here," kai says, giving lloyd an orange juice. lloyd smiles. 

"thank you. basketball is more fun than i expected," lloyd says, opening the blue lid and downing the drink. 

"you should have just joined when we started," kai laughs. "i'm pretty sure y/n would noticed you back then,"

"no, she-"

"she's trying to get your attention, right now," kai shrugs. she is? lloyd looks up, seeing y/n wave at him with a massive smile on her face as she continues the routine her and elena made.

lloyd's heartbeat increases, as well as his pupils dilating. 

he waves back, letting y/n continue to smile and she continues to focus on the dance routine. 

lloyd smiles, biting his lip. wow. this is the best day of his life. 

💚

this is the worst day of y/n's life. well, maybe not the worst. she's had worser days. much worse. but why is her father here? he never comes to her dances. ever. well, not since her mother died...

she dances, trying to forget about it. 

elena notices y/n's distractions, both of the two girls doing back hand springs. 

"what's wrong?" elena whispers as they cross each other's area. y/n shakes her head. "tell me. you're getting sloppy,"

y/n rolls her eyes as she does a backflip. of course, why did she expect anything else. this is elena we are talking about. 

"later," y/n whispers to her. elena shrugs, getting ready to lift y/n up in the air with the help of two others. 

💚

y/n watches as the other cheer team from river park dances. past cheer captains have always made it a thing if there's another cheer team, they can use half of half time to do a performance or cheer for their team if they wish to do so. 

y/n glances over to her father who's having a discussion with her psychology teacher. yay. she rubs her forehead, dropping her pompoms. 

"talk to me," elena says, sitting down next to y/n. y/n looks over to the purple loving girl and sighs. elena passes y/n some water and the [skin colour] skinned girls takes it with a small smile, fiddling with the lid. 

"it's my dad," y/n mutters, scrunching up her nose. 

"has he done something?" elena asks, slightly. scared for the girl. she can't jump to straight conclusions. 

"we just..." y/n sighs. "we're not as close as we used to be. so i guess, i'm a bit weirded out that he's here,"

elena sighs out quietly in relief. 

"are you going to go talk to him?"

"i'm pretty sure he's more interested about my education," y/n says, opening the lid of the water bottle and drinking it. "he's talking to my psych teacher,"

elena hums, looking over to the see the mayor. all dressed up in a suit and tie. 

"well, it's his loss," elena says, putting her arm around y/n's shoulder. y/n smiles, putting her head on elena's shoulder. 

"i'm glad we're friends, elena," y/n says, making elena squeeze her tighter. 

"so am i,"