chapter⁴⁰

jay is a pretty good gossip

a/n: i wanna change my racial headcanon for jay; i still think he's american but maybe half american and half south korean

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

09:47 AM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

"hey, nya," y/n says, walking over to the filipino girl who's holding hands with her american and south korean boyfriend as the couple head over to the common room. that's where the rest of the family are. "hey jay,"

"hey!" jay says, waving at her. y/n waves back. 

"hey, y/n. are you okay?" nya asks. 

"i just need to talk with you, if that's okay?" y/n questions. "just nya, jay. i'm sorry,"

"girl talk?" jay asks, making y/n nod with a laugh. "no, it's okay, i get it...i'll just-yup," jay points to somewhere, before kissing nya's hand softly and speeding off. 

"what's up?" nya asks, turning to face the girl who has a mischievous smile on her face. "suddenly, fear has invaded my body. i'm not going to like this, am i?" 

💚

"guys!" jay shouts, finding his friends in one of the common rooms which is only opened to seniors. it's decorated with christmas decorations; red and green banners, fake snow scattered on some places, red and white ball balls on fake christmas trees. 

"your heart beat has accelerated, jay," zane points out without even looking up from the book he's reading a fantasy, since he's read all other books. "and you are out of breath. should i get you some water?"

"don't worry, i've got it. here," cole says, jay snatching the water bottle from his best friend and gulping it down. 

the rest of them look at each other, then back at jay, waiting for him to speak. 

"y/n went to speak to nya!" everyone turns to lloyd who shrugs. 

"and?"

"you aren't the little bit curious?"

"eh," lloyd shrugs, putting his white wired earphones back in his ears. everyone gaps at the blond, not believing anything that's coming out of his mouth. 

"he's got to be joking," kai scoffs, looking over to his friends. 

"he can still here you," lloyd mutters, looking over the book with his green eyes. he squints at them all, looking back into the book. it's a romance. 

"what exactly did she say, jay?" cole asks. jay coughs, putting on his best y/n voice. his dad is an actor, you know. 

"'hey, nya'," jay starts. lloyd looks up his mouth, open. he has a really good y/n voice. "'hey jay,'. she starts as she's walk over to us and i say 'hey!'. then my beautiful girlfriend says "'hey, y/n. are you okay?'," kai's mouth drops open. wait, just how good is jay at impersonating people? cole holds in his laughter as zane continues to read. "and then y/n says 'i just need to talk with you, if that's okay? just nya, jay. i'm sorry,'. and then i say-"

"are you not out of breath?" cole sniggers. jay rolls his eyes. 

"don't interrupt me!" jay says, clearing his throat. "and then i say 'girl talk?'"

"girl talk?" zane repeats. 

"basically when girls talk shit about guys and everything else that is shit in the world," kai says. everyone looks at him, shocked. "i literally have my lady,"

"anyways," jay continues, shushing kai. "i say 'no, it's okay, i get it...i'll just-yup' and run off to find you guys,"

"and you want me to get excited over that?" lloyd laughs, lowering his music. he's very excited. y/n could be talking about him. that's great! but he can't show it to them. they'll make fun of him. 

"wait, are we not going to stalk them?" cole asks, everyone looking at me. "what?! everyone's thinking it. well, besides zane,"

"i think it would be better if we left them to their own devices," zane nods. "if nya has anything to tell us, she will let us know,"

"but that's so boring..." kai whines. "lloyd, what do you think? do you want to stalk them?"

lloyd makes a face. there's nothing to lose right? but he doesn't want to disrespect the girl he likes. 

"i think i agree with zane," lloyd says, going back to his book. if nya wants to tell him, she will. but he will not lose her trust.