chapter³⁶

better

better

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

warning: talking about past bad habits

authors pov

07:45 AM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

lloyd walks down the stairs of the monastery, his favourite green hoodie on his torso. the strings are worn out but he'll always wear it when he can. and he just washed it so, of course, he's going to wear it.

he nods his head at the two baldheaded monks who walk past him. 

he passes the hallways and corridors to get to the kitchen where him and his family have breakfast before school. it's a new thing, garmadon really wants to try with lloyd so he asked misako about it and she loved the idea. wu didn't mind. and the kids were good with it. as long as cole wasn't the one cooking. 

sadly, wu, misako and garmadon had something to do so it's just the kids today. which isn't a bad thing. the kids prefer when it's just them. they get to gossip and talk about things without the adults, looking at them in shame. or disgust. 

"i can't hang out at lunch today," lloyd says as he chews on his noodles, his silver chopsticks in hand. 

"oh? how come," zane questions, turning around from the stove with his pink apron on. it is usually meant to be white but kai messed up in the laundry room. are you even surprised?

"i'm hanging out with y/n," lloyd mutters. but everyone around him is a ninja. of course, they can hear him. 

"what?!" jay smiles with his auburn curls bouncing at the movement. small sparks of lightning flow around his hair, showing how excited he his. "really?!" 

lloyd nods, slurping his noodles quietly. 

"so what? is it like a date?" kai asks, eating his meat dumpling. cole nudges his friend, to make him shut up. "what? i'm just asking!"

"i don't think it's a date..." lloyd says, after swallowing his food. was it?

"do you wanna change your outfit then? just in case?" kai tease, before cole slaps his arm. "what?! it was a joke!"

"i'm not changing my clothes," lloyd states, reaching to get a bowl of honeyed porridge and oats. ninja's need to eat a lot. they work out tremendously every day. and ever since the new prophecy, they've been doing over time. "it's just school. and i'm pretty sure we're going to the boba cafe anyway,"

"you look fine, lloyd," nya says, drinking her honeyed chamomile tea. her favourite type. jay also sips on extremely sweetened coffee, looking over at lloyd with a funny face. "and y/n seems really cool by the way,"

"i know, right," lloyd says, smiling into his porridge. the rest of them smile at each other. this is so cute. lloyd is being so cute. it's good. he's not as...concerning as he was in the past. 

he would have nightmares, about failing the world from being the green hero.

he'd never eat, both breakfast and dinner. 

he would over work himself, which caused him to faint a lot. hence why he still does it a bit now. 

insomnia would ruin his sleep schedule (well, it still does but he's handling it better by taking naps through the day when he can). 

but now, that he's doing a little better, the sun shines brighter.