chapter¹⁹

beige

beige

warning: bullying, slight panic attack, mention blood

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

11:19 AM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

"i can do this," lloyd mutters as he changes into his basketball uniform. there's no reason he couldn't. he's a ninja and part oni. he should be fine. then why he is panicking? is it because everyone's going to be watching him? y/n's going to be watching him? his team? he doesn't want to fail them. he can't. 

"lloyd?" kai says, looking over to the blond. kai furrows his eyebrows, noticing the patterns. living with the saviour of the world lets you know all his habits. kai looks around seeing everyone leaving the changing room. "okay, let it out,"

green energy surrounds lloyd's hands as he bites the bottom of his lip, drawing blood. kai crosses his arms, watching lloyd. lloyd is way more skilled then kai, hence lloyd being the green ninja. and also, the first spinjitzu master being an absolute terrible person. 

so if lloyd was to go out of control, kai would need cole as well. as cole is the strongest ninja. 

the enegry increases in size before immensely decreases as a tear slips from lloyd's left eye. the blond male sighs out, the energy gone.

kai wordlessly hugs the destined male, making lloyd sigh and hug the dark brown haired male tighter. 

"i'm okay," the blond mutters, letting off of kai. kai raises his eyebrow. "i'm okay enough to play the game,"

"are you sure?" kai questions. "you don't have to play, you know? i'm always teasing when i say you have to do anything related to basketball,"

"yeah, i know," lloyd says, giving him a small smile. "i can play. honest,"

kai sighs, shrugging. 

"i can't control you," the dark brown haired male says. "if you need to time out, time out, okay?"

"like you would every do that?" lloyd asks, amused. kai rolls his eyes, with fake annoyance.

"this is why people like me more than you,"

"that's not the reason. and you know that's not the reason,"

💚

lloyd drinks a can of cherry coke as he sits on the bench. the starting five are already out and playing. it's been three minutes. and kai's already scored

according to the captain, the one we don't like, he's going to play. lloyd doubts it though. but he doesn't mind that much, if he doesn't play. 

he looks at his wrist, seeing his heart being beige. beige? really? it's never been beige before. why does that worry him? beige isn't bad, it just means nothing. 

"garmadork," lloyd's green eye twitches in annoyance. he looks up, seeing nicholas. "you're subbing in for damain,"

"okay," lloyd mutters, sitting at the chairs next to the officials table. the buzzer goes, damian, number nine, walking off the court. he nods at lloyd who nods back, stepping onto the court. 

lloyd looks over to kai who nods at him. this is will be an easy game. he just needs to make sure he uses no powers. or gets mad. 

he looks around, seeing y/n at the bottom of the bleachers with her cheer uniform. she's as beautiful as always. he meets her gaze, making him look down, very embarrassed. 

he needs to get his head in the game.