chapter³

sour green

sour green

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

12:28 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

y/n sits in the library, her pink [head phones/ear phones/air pods] [in/on] her ears. first part of the first last school day she will ever have is over.

she cheers quietly, sipping on her cold fizzy drink. she already eat her food in the cafeteria with the cheer squad. she's got to stick to the status quo, right?

she opens a page in her psychology book, putting on her black glasses. she could wear contact lenses but they hurt her eyes.

the song disconnect by becky hill and chase & status, playing in her ears as she starts to let her brain focus on the words of the book. psychology is something that interests y/n immensely. to know why people do certain things and behave in certain ways. 

could help her about herself and why she doesn't make any friends. could help her about her father and maybe her soulmate as well. 

the playlist continues to play, y/n turning page and page of the book. 

"yo, y/n!" y/n looks up seeing the captain of the basketball team, sitting on the chair opposite her. she takes [off/out] her [head phones/ear phones/air pods], looking at him. 

"this is a library, nicholas," she whispers. "you need to be quiet," y/n and nicholas aren't friends. as i have made clear by now, y/n doesn't have any. 

nicholas has a slight crush on y/n though. 

"i just wanted to see how you're doing," he smiles. he also has the strange thing that him and y/n should be dating. because he's captain of the football team and she's captain of the cheer squad. 

"uh, i'm good," y/n says, sipping her drink. "how are you?"

"oh, i am great, thank for asking," nicholas smiles at her, making y/n nod softly. she turns another page of her book, seeing the heart on her wrist go a sour green. jealous? her soulmate is jealous, right? that's the colour of jealousy, isn't it?

she reaches for the notebook in her tote bag, flicking through the pages. 

"what are you doing?" nicholas asks the purple loving girl as he realises that he is losing her attention. 

"looking for something," y/n says, finding the colour. yup, her soulmate is jealous. why are they jealous.?

"looking for what?" nicholas insists. 

"the colour of the heart on my wrist," y/n says, putting her wrist up, showing him. "my soulmate is  jealous of something," or someone. y/n scrunches up her nose. in annoyance? in her jealousy? why should she be jealous over a person she's never met before? she sighs, closing the notebook and putting it back in the tote bag. 

"ah, i see..." nicholas is getting bored. she's so pretty but so boring. no, she's pretty and just doesn't like you. "i'll see you around, y/n,"

"oh bye," y/n waves, putting her [head phones/ear phones/air pods] back [in/on]. finally, that thing is gone. she can go back to reading her book.