chapter³⁹

lloyd, her soulmate??

a/n: PRESS THE STAR <3 PLEASE 

WE MADE 1.5K VOTEEESSSSS

SO DOUBLE UPDATE FOR YOU LOVELY PEOPLE :D

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

07:18 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

"so...how was it?" elena asks as she wipes the make up off her face. she's facetiming y/n in her apartment. y/n wanted them to have another sleepover, but elena said she had coursework to do. and if they had a sleepover, she would get no work done. 

"how was what?" y/n asks, putting her glasses on and opening her astrology book. songs by junko yagami playing in her room through her speakers. 

"your hang out with lloyd garmadon," elena says, looking at herself in the mirror, inspecting her face. 

"i liked it," y/n smiles, looking down at her book. "it was nice,"

💚

lloyd watches the sunset on the roof of the monastery. he looks over to his wrist, seeing the heart on his wrist go pink. he smiles, putting his fingers over it. 

💚

"aw, you're smiling," elena teases, putting her mousy brown hair in a messy bun. she starts to get everything she needs to clean her face and heads to the bathroom, her phone in her mouth. 

"you're eating me!" y/n exclaims, making elena roll her eyes. she spits her phone onto the window still, putting everything in a colour order so she can use it. 

"you're a weirdo,"

"i know~" y/n laughs. "honestly, it was nice. he's sweet and funny,"

"do you like him?" elena asks, propping her phone against the closed window. 

does she? y/n hums, looking up from her book and biting her mechanical pencil. he's cute, goofy, kind. he's perfect. but she wants to be with her soulmate. 

so if it was lloyd, it would be an absolute yes. but she doesn't know if it is him or not. should she check? they both have heart of their wrists. 

"i'm not sure," y/n says. "but i think he might be my soulmate-"

"what?!"

"let me finish!" y/n says in the same tone. "we have the same soulmate thing,"

"and because of that he's your soulmate...?" elena purses her lips, putting vaseline on them. "i'm not so convinced,"

"yeah, but that's why we're going to investigate!"

"we? who's we?" elena scoffs with a laugh. y/n sighs dramatically, sailor barking as he runs into the room. 

"sailor and me since my bested friend doesn't want to,"

"you took that from jjk," elena says, unimpressed. 

"yes, yes i did," y/n smiles, sticking her tongue out. "please, el...please! come on!"

"you should be glad i love you," elena mutters. "we can if you wear purple tomorrow,"

"fine," y/n groans but sighs with a nod. "i think i have some purple clothing somewhere. i'd need to check," y/n gets up, taking her phone with her to her walk in wardrobe. "what's the date tomorrow?"

"first of december," elena says, finishing her skin care routine. "why?"

"twenty five days till christmas," y/n says. "and i have to go to this holiday ball with my dad and all the posh, influential people of ninjago city. can you come?"

"what day?" 

"uh...seventeenth...but i know that's after your birthday," y/n states, looking at the purple turtle neck  she never knew she had. 

"you...you remembered?"

"of course, i did! you're my best friend!"

elena smiles, looking away from the camera. she knows y/n says stuff like that all the time. everyday even. but it feels different today. 

"i'll come," she says, trying to act uninterested. "is there a dress code?" 

"very very fancy stuff," y/n sighs, getting on her knees to look for some shoes to match with the outfit she has in her head. "i'll pick the perfect outfit for you! we can even match! you can wear purple and i wear pink!"

"i...i'd like that,"

"yay! i'll search for them right now,"