chapter⁵

gold

gold

a/n: i'm basing the school environment/aesthetic off american school's i see in the movies but the dates of break will be like english schools (because i am from england)

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

01:30 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

y/n pulls on her sneakers, it matching the white on the yellow, white and blue uniform. her cheer uniform. y/n's [colour] [hair tied [up/low]/hijab fitted [tightly/loosely]]. she has a blue underlayer, making sure she's warm. 

she definitely will be when she figures out the routine that the new people who want to join have to do infront of her. 

she exits the changing room, just to bump into someone. 

y/n feels her cheer top get damp so she looks down seeing an orange substance on the white and blue uniform. 

"i am so sorry!" y/n looks up, a boy with blond hair and green eyes looking at her in despair. "i-i didn't see you-"

"it's fine," y/n smiles, fanning the top. that's not going to come out in time for to start try outs. 

"let me-"

"it's okay," y/n laughs. "i just need to take it off and wash it when i get home,"

"i'm really sorry," lloyd sighs. maybe, if nya was here, he could could beg her to use her power to get orange juice out. or most of it anyway. "and i had a question to ask you as well,"

y/n takes off the cheer top, thankfully for the underlayer underneath. she takes a glance at the heart on her wrist, seeing that it's light pink. aww, her soulmate is flustered. that is so cute. 

"what's the question?" y/n asks, throwing the wet cheer top in the changing rooms. she'll pick it up later. 

"uh, i was wondering if me and my friends could watch the basketball try outs?" lloyd asks, scrunching up the cartoon juice box and throwing it in the trash can behind him with perfect aim. 

y/n looks at him in shock. 

"are you thinking of trying out?" she points at the trash can, making lloyd turn around to look at it. oh.

"uh..." lloyd turns, looking at her seeing the hope in her eyes. "maybe...?" 

"you really should, lloyd!"

"you know my name?" lloyd is baffled. wait, of course, she does. everyone knows him and not for the right reasons. 

"am i not meant to?" y/n laughs. "you know mine, right?"

"yeah!" lloyd coughs, trying to make his voice deeper. and cooler. "it's y/n. everyone knows your name,"

"so i try my hardest to know everyone's," y/n smiles at him. lloyd's heart starts to increase. tremendously. 

y/n's wrist starts to itch, making her look at it. it's gold. she gasps, bringing it up to her eyes in awe. it's never been gold before, what does that mean?

"woah..." she mumbles.

"you have a heart on your wrist too?" lloyd asks with an unbelievable smile on his face. what are the odds? but even his grandfather isn't that nice to make the girl of his dreams his soulmate. 

"yeah, wait do you?" y/n asks lloyd. he pulls up the sleeve on his jumper, seeing that his heart is a bright yellow. the one you would get when you bask in the sun. meaning that wherever his soulmate is, they are comfortable. "i haven't seen anyone else with the same one as mine...i kind of thought i was the only one with it. well, besides my soulmate,"

"yeah, same," lloyd and y/n both look at each other. the bell rings, making y/n realise she's going to be late for try outs. 

"um, if you can try out for basketball, please do!" she says as she starts to walk backwards. "i'll love you to see you there. your friends can also watch! have a good day, bye!"

lloyd waves at her as he watches her run. wow, she's slow. 

maybe, he could try out for basketball...it can't be as hard as training...could it?