chapter¹⁴

psychology work kinda sucks 

a/n: like lowkey...where are you all coming from???

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

04:59 PM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

y/n shuts the door of her house with a sigh, the white leg warmers on her legs. september is almost over and the winter cold is taking over the autumn cold. slowly but surely. she sighs in the warmth, taking of her brown uggs and the leg warmers off. 

henry appears from the kitchen, smiling at y/n. 

"hello, miss," he says, taking her stuff from her. 

"hi, henry," y/n smiles. "how was your day?"

"uneventful, miss," henry states, putting y/n's coat on the rack and her bag on the table in front of the living room. 

sailor barks, running down the large stairs to greet y/n. she gets on her knees, the golden retriever barking happily that's his mother is home. 

"hi, baby," she picks him up, walking up the stairs. "henry, i've got some work to do so i'll come and help cook maybe...after two hours?"

"ah okay, miss," henry nods. "would you like some snacks before then?"

"nope, i've already got some," y/n smiles, continuing walking back up the stairs. 

💚

y/n listens to take me home by pinkpantheress through her [head phones/ear phones/air pods] as she bites her hot pink mechanical pencil. psychology work is hard. very hard. 

she writes down some notes before she hears a large thud on her balcony. y/n pauses her music, slight fear spiking through her heart. 

sailor barks at the balcony doors and y/n gasps as she sees a tall outline of a person through the curtains. 

y/n takes a bat from her wardrobe for things like this. yes, her father did make her do self defence classes, but wouldn't it be easier if she just hit whoever it was with a bat? work smarter, not harder. 

the figure groans, making y/n pull the curtains back to see who it is. she drops the bat on her feet by accident as she realizes that it's the green ninja. 

"oh my gosh," she mutters, opening the balcony door. "are you okay?" she bites her lip, trying to stop herself from screaming as her foot is starting to cause a lot more pain. 

"are you?" the green ninja says, looking at y/n. 

"yep," y/n lies, biting her tongue. the green ninja looks at her unconvinced. 

"let me see your foot," and in the tone he says it, y/n complies. she sits down on the chair which she leaves outside, gasping at the slight coldness of it. 

the green ninja kneels down, looking over y/n's foot. he can't believe this. how is he doing this and not panicking. i guess the mask really does give you confidence. the foot looks like it's about to start swelling. 

"you should put some ice on that and try not and irritate it," he says, standing up. he puts his hand out to help her up and she takes it to help her up. 

"but i'm captain of the cheer squad," she states. "i need to practice,"

"then practice when your leg is feeling better," the green ninja says, helping her back into her room. he sits her down on her bed, walking out. 

"wait!" he stops, turning his head back to look back. "i mean, are you okay? you landed on my balcony..."

"of course, i am," the green ninja turns back around. "i was trying to catch a thief but i slipped,"

"the green ninja slipped?" y/n asks, amused causing the green ninja to get a red tick on the corner of his head. he turns back around, crossing as arms as he rests his back against the railing on the balcony. 

"oh yeah, because you're jumping and running around to save people?" he asks, looking at the girl. y/n shrugs with a smile. 

"i don't know, i thought you would be a little bit more refined," she says, before laughing. the green ninja smiles under his mask. she has a beautiful laugh. the green ninja rolls his eyes which y/n sees through the gap in his mask. "i'm only joking,"

"i am aware," the green ninja jumps onto the railing with perfect balance. "have a good night,"

"you-" the green ninja jumps off, running across the roof of another building. "too..."