chapter³⁷

a date

a date...a not date?

💚. *. ⋆✧・゚: *✧・゚:*💚

authors pov

10:12 AM. NEW NINJAGO CITY

y/n writes down what her physics teachers is writing down on the white board with a dark blue white board pen. physics is like her best friend. if elena and sailor weren't existing in her world. and maybe food too. 

"miss l/n," the teacher says, making the [skin tone] skinned girl look up from her pink notebook. "do you have the answer to this question?"

y/n looks at the white board, her synapses electrifying trying to find the answer. she hums softly, raking her eyes over the whiteboard. and she's got it. she's got the answer.

"do you want me to come up and right it? or say it?" y/n asks, fiddling with her pink coloured pen. 

"do what you please, miss l/n," the female teacher says with a kind smile. mrs evans is an old lady. around sixty three. and she still teaches. she can retire soon but i don't think she will until she psychically won't be able to move. y/n gets up from her stool, taking the pen from her teacher. 

y/n writes down her answer on the whiteboard, looking back at mrs evans. of course, it's the right answer. did you think she would get it wrong?

"very well done, miss l/n," mrs evans says, nodding at the girl. y/n smiles, giving her back the pen and sitting in her stool. the rest of the class clap softly. there aren't a lot of people in the psychics class. not a lot of people like that subject. and i can understand why. 

 time is going quickly and hopefully she can go on the date with lloyd. 

wait, is it a date? 

was it not a hang out? 

y/n's eyebrows furrow in confusion. 

which one is it?

💚

"it's a date," jennifer chirps as she is sitting down next to y/n in the cafeteria. y/n is squashed between two freshman, but she doesn't mind.

"no, it's not!" samantha disagrees, rolling her eyes at her best friend. 

"yes, it is,"

"no, it's not!"

"both of you hush," elena mutters, rubbing the side of her head. elena sips on her ice cold water, sighing out through her nose. "you're giving me a headache," the two freshmen giggle to themselves, eating their food silently. "y/n," elena turns to her best friend with a straight face. 

"yes...?"

"do you care if it's a date or not?"

"i don't know," y/n admits with a small laugh. "it would be nice if it was a date, i think? but i'm also okay with it just being a hang out,"

"you're useless, you know that?" elena deadpans, eating her meat bun before a veiny hand rests on her head. 

"you really have to stop being mean to your friends, el," morro says, smiling at the other girls. samantha and jennifer look at morro, finding him very attractive. "hey, girls," they wave at the two freshmen. "i'm morro," they both wave back with fat smiles on their faces. "hey, y/n," morro says, turning to the girl.

"hey, morro," y/n says with a smile. y/n feels a slight twinge in her wrist, seeing the heart there  be a murky green. jealously? why are they jealous?

"are you free at lunch?" he asks with a lazy smile. 

"not today sorry," y/n says, sipping on her [cold/ice] [tea/coffee/chocolate]. "i'm..." going on a date? hanging out with someone? "uh..."

"hey y/n!" lloyd says, walking over to her. samantha's jaw drops and jennifer closes it with her pointer finger. "are we still hanging out today?" so it is a hang out...oh. 

"uh yeah," y/n nods. "this is who i'm hanging out with morro," y/n motions with her hand. morro hums, looking at lloyd.

"i see. i'll see you around, y/n," lloyd looks at morro, weirdly. a shiver goes up his spine as he looks at the black haired male. 

he looks like a ghost.  

"a-are you guys friends?" lloyd asks, putting his hands in his pocket. y/n nods, getting up from her chair. 

"yeah, met him properly about a month ago," y/n says. "they were going to be on the basketball team but nicholas took him off,"

lloyd furrows his eyebrows. oh yeah. he remembers that. 

"anyways, less talking about him," y/n smiles. "let's go and get some boba!" lloyd nods, with a slight blush. "i'll see you guys after," y/n says, waving at her friends. 

elena watches them leave. it's so painfully obvious.