Rapi - 1

Rapi: Commander. What is the most challenging practical lesson you had learned at the Military Academy?

*I cross my arms, my eyes close in reminiscence of my days as a cadet in the Academy*

Commander: Dragging myself through the mud with a downpour of suppressing bullets flying over my head.

Rapi: I see. Did this happen in the Simulation Room as well?

*I recall the harsh cold air repeatedly hit my skin, the intense smell of gunpowder overwhelming my nostril, explosions echoing non-stop to my hearings until I passed out with a metallic taste spreading in my mouth.*

Commander: I'm.......sure?

*I realize that moment was real, almost too real like an actual death or alive situation. What came before and after this memory is a blank. I actually don't remember much.*

Rapi: The technology behind the Simulation has advanced to the point it can cause a human's perception to lose the differences between imitation and reality. As Ingrid has stated, there have been situations where humans suffered a severe case of reality distortion in the Simulation Room, which can lead to post-traumatic stress disorder.

Commander: .......

Rapi: I hope that is not the case for you, Commander.

Commander: You're probably right.

*Still, my memory from that time is a blur. Only the experience remains in a form of repercussion, I don't think that was all there is to it.*

Rapi: Commander!? Your hands are shaking!

Commander: !?

*I haven't realized it until Rapi pointed out. Oddly, my hands are shaking against my will. My body is displaying a huge contraction to my calm mind.*

Rapi: *Approaching* Commander.

Commander: ??

*Rapi holds my trembling hands.*

Rapi: It's okay. I'm here.

*I can't explain why I'm being like this. Perhaps there are some truths to Rapi's words.*