BlaBla Chat #14 (An Emotional Burden)

*BlaBla Chat Opened*

Nihilister: Oi! I'm going to say this once. You can suck up to me all you want, I'm never letting you touch me! Consider this a warning, Human.

Commander: ...you were wounded.

Nihilister: So what?! I got things under control.

Commander: Your arm got bit off by a Tyrant-class Rapture.

Nihilister: Doesn't mean you get to hold it! I let that thing grab me so I can blast its head off! Piece of cake! I don't need you to come close and check my wound, period!

Commander: ...

Nihilister: Next time you better back off! You got that?! Don't even bother coming near me again!

Commander: Nihilister, are you worried about my burns?

Nihilister: !!!

*She hasn't responded for a while.*

Nihilister: No! Why should I worry about you? You're just a puny human, a damn stubborn one at that. You're lucky you're not on a silver platter already.

Commander: I was worried.

Nihilister: Enough of this! You don't know what you're talking about. Stay in your room and recover, stop acting tough with third degree burns!

Commander: It was just the hand.

Nihilister: Are you SERIOUSLY going to argue with me?

Commander: I'm not going to pretend that I didn't see your arm falling off.

Nihilister: Is your head alright? Did you forget who I am already? I can replace Rapture parts with my broken components. Human, you better get yourself together and stay away from me. That was a battle I wanted, your worry is unnecessary.

Commander: .....alright, I'll keep my distance.

Nihilister: ...good, drop your nonsense attitude and let me have my own fun.

Commander: Got it. See you on the next mission.

Nihilister: I said drop it. Focus on your recovery.

*BlaBla Chat Ended*

Sigh. Nihilister's body temperature tends to emit extreme heat waves during combat. It's my fault for being careless this time...

*Buzz Buzz*

A message from Cecil?

*BlaBla Chat Opened*

Cecil: Commander. I received the examination result from the staff. I'm not surprised if Nihilister decided to make certain reckless actions during the mission. But there's one thing that caught my attention.

Commander: ??

Cecil: Her brain scan showed a significant amount of activities in the limbic system. There're hints of emotional burdens. Do you know what happened?

Commander: I got burns.

Cecil: From the hugs?

Commander: From being careless.

Cecil: In that case, understandable. As she is now, Nihilister is getting back in touch with her humanity again and gradually losing the Heretic's mindset. Mostly thanks to you, it's up to you to do something about it.

Commander: What can I do?

Cecil: You've been on missions with Nihilister. You got closer to her than anyone could in Eden, more than Johan and me. I'll leave this to you to handle it.

Commander: But I caused her the emotional burden.

Cecil: So? I doubt that would change anything. From the way I see it, I believe she cares about a certain someone who happened to make a minor mistake.

Commander: ...

*BlaBla Chat Ended*

I quickly turn back to the chat with Nihilister.

*BlaBla Chat Opened*

Commander: Nihilister, Einkk said Overclock Mode is getting an update. Wanna have another go?

Nihilister: You.....Urgh! Fine! When will it come out?

Commander: Beta Ver 2.0, next month.

Nihilister: Alright. I've been wanting to blow off some steam anyway.

*BlaBla Chat Ended*