Einkk - 1

On my way to the Simulation Room, I see a group of Nikkes leaving in a hurry. The jarring alarm from the ambulance rings loudly on the other side of the corridor. From what I can see, a Commander is lying on a stretcher. They are being carried to the ambulance. Their body is convulsing harshly, most likely due to a mental shock.

Einkk: Welcome back, Commander!

As I enter one of the Simulated Rooms where the group left, Einkk smiles at me. Her legs tosses back and forth in anticipation for my performance, her next challenger.

Commander: What happened to that person?

Einkk: Oh, it was nothing serious.

To Einkk, it is a daily occurrence. She has no worry.

Einkk: Einkk warned him and he didn't listen. That Commander broke himself mentally due to his own limitation, he tried to overcome a challenge too big for his mind to handle.

Commander: Which Sector did he choose?

Einkk: Overclock Mode.

Commander: Seriously?!

Einkk: He demanded a skip yet his squad was barely suitable for Sector Three.

I nod in silence. A reasonable consequence for a rash decision.

Einkk: A foolish human. That Commander has zero battle experience. He thought too highly of himself while he graduated from the Academy just a week ago. Einkk hopes he had learned his lesson.

A hologram appears, the list of all completed Sectors is available along with the buffs. Einkk has setup the process for my turn.

Einkk: Which Sector would you like to train today?

I choose the easiest level of the Simulation Room. Sector-1A. Einkk raises an eyebrow as she notices something about me.

Einkk: Commander, where is your squad?

Commander: They're not available today. It's just me.

Einkk: Without the Nikkes, you will never win against my simulation, Commander.....hm?

She gets off the hovering halo and approaches me. The observing look filled with interest fixes on my new outfit. Her smile gradually widens, she seems to understand my intention.

Einkk: Instead of the military uniform, you're wearing the ACPU standard attire and bulletproof vest. For a human, this isn't suitable in combats against Raptures, you know.

Commander: I know.

Einkk: Regardless, you still want to try this by yourself.

Commander: *Nodding*

Einkk: What for?

Commander: I want to see how far I could go if something bad happened.

Einkk: Sure, Einkk can help you with that by modifying the combat sequences to survival mode. Guarantee you will lose though, a human can only struggle in the face of those machines. Promise Einkk you won't break.

Commander: I won't. Thanks, Einkk.

Einkk sweeps her hand over the hologram displayed in front of me. The details in it begin to change.

Einkk: Initiate Survival Mode. Time Limit is thirty. Enemies types are Crawler and Battery. You will start with a rifle infused with Rapture-killing ammo. It's uncommon for a human to be carried such a weapon although there has been similar cases which it worked. Done! Your probability of success will be somewhere closes to zero percent!

After stating such a fact in a cheerful manner, Einkk hops back onto the big ring and brings up her hand to cover the yawn.

Einkk: Since the outcome is obvious this time around, Einkk will take a short nap. Wake me up when you're done here.

The surrounding changes, Einkk vanishes into the background and I stand in the middle of a simulated environment, a ruin city on the surface.

Einkk: Good luck, Commander!

Her voice echoes to my ears. My grip on the rifle grows firm as I make contact with the first wave of Raptures.