Maxwell - 2

*Before the advice session with Maxwell started, I head out to the nearest vending machines to get some drinks while I'm waiting for her.*

Maxwell: Cutey, you're here! I've been waiting for you.

*When I returns, she's already taken a seat in the office. I place our drinks on the desk and begin the session.*

Commander: I heard Matis will be dispatched to the surface this week.

Maxwell: We do. Oh! You got us both energy drinks? Wow, Cutey! Are you hinting at something?

Commander: I didn't take a nap so I need this.

Maxwell: If you're tired, we can do this another time. I'm still sticking around for about two more days before going to the surface.

Commander: I've already called you here as scheduled. Let's wrap it up today so you can focus on the mission preparation afterward.

*Maxwell opens the drink and takes a long sip.*

Maxwell: Just what I needed. Thanks a lot, Cutey!

Commander: Well, I figured you would need it since......I heard Laplace broke two more windows in Syuen's office and you were forced to repair them yesterday.

Maxwell: *Sighing*

*I feel her. Though I shouldn't say that out loud.*

Maxwell: Honestly, I wanted to blow off some steam. I'd been in the research lab working on the experiment until you called me. *Smiling* I'm glad you did, by the way. I would have visited you at your room.

Commander: ???

*Maxwell takes out a device, I slowly lean away from the desk as I recognize the item in her hand.*

Commander: The bracelet.......

*She makes a soft laugh.*

Maxwell: Yup! The same one I introduced you last time. I've been working on its stability. The bracelet has stopped crushing the dummies' arms during its deployment, now a human can wear it comfortably.

Commander: What?!

Maxwell: It'll be okay, Cutey. Give me your wrist.

*Maxwell reaches out. I jump out of my chair and back away to the door.*

Commander: I'm not wearing it.

Maxwell: Aww, don't be so afraid. The experiment won't fail this time.

*Once again, I bolt out the room. To my shock, two droids are blocking my path while Maxwell approaches me from behind.*

Maxwell: I know you would run again so I had my assistants readied to intercept.

Commander: You can't be serious!

Maxwell: I'm serious. I just wanted to help my Cutey getting a nice upgrade~.

Commander: ......

Maxwell: Now, your wrist.

Commander: You know......

Maxwell: ?

Commander: I'm glad I got assigned to an office at the ground floor.

Maxwell: Wha-?! Cutey!

*I jump out the window before Maxwell could stop me, I have to run first. I'll try to convince her to drop the experiment later.*