Nihilister - 4 (Pilgrim)

A chilling wind rushes through me, I shudder. The weather of Northern Land is always harsh, but it has never been this freezing. I keep myself together and move across the thick snow which filled up all the way above my ankles.

Nihilister: What's the matter? Can't handle the cold?

Next to me, my partner speaks up.

Nihilister: You look really pathetic shivering around like that.

She has a mocking tone. Even so, Nihilister is walking close to me and let the warmth radiating from her body shield me from the cold. The snows melt at her every step, this harsh weather means nothing to a Fire Incarnate.

Nihilister: All these snows and junk scrap. Such a drag, I can blow it all away in no time, it'll be easier to find the relic.

Commander: We're not sure if the relic is fireproofed.

Her eyes narrowed.

Nihilister: And what? Do you expect me to do the digging? Like, seriously?

Commander: I'm the one with a shovel.

Nihilister: Right. *Smirking* Fine, in the meantime I'll go beat up a Tyrant-class Rapture near here. Call me when you're done.

Commander: I prefer you stick around.

Nihilister: Oh?

She beams me an amused gaze. Then, a full grin shows as if something clicks in her mind.

Nihilister: Oh! That's right! You're cold, aren't you?

Nihilister spreads her arms.

Nihilister: Well, I'll cut you some slack. My body temperature right now should be good enough for a hug. Come here. I'll warm you up nice and slow.

Commander: Sure, I'll take that hug.

Before I could, she takes the first steps and pulls me into her. As Nihilister wraps her arms around me, the coldness of the Northern Land begins to subside. Her head on my shoulder and faces the other way, I can't see her expression.

Even so, this is another one of those warmed hugs we often share.