Modernia - 2 (Heretic)

*I quickly run as footsteps resonate behind me at a slow pace. I roll under the gap of a shutter door and take cover behind one of the junk cars.*

Modernia: Commander? Commannnnderrrrr~!

*Modernia breaks down the door barehanded like it's a piece of cloth. From the blazing daylight outside the building, she enters the parking lot where I'm in hiding.*

Modernia: Where are you? You and Counters were so eager to play with me today, why did you all decide to run? Are we playing hide and seek now?

*I cover my mouth, not wanting to let her hear my roughed gasps. I've been on the run for a while. If Modernia catches me now, there's no telling what she will do.*

Modernia: I can totally let the whole building collapse on you, you know~. But where's the fun in that? Since playing hide and seek is what you want, I'll go along with your intention. See? Modernia can be a nice girl to you some times!

*I lie down, peeking my eyes though the gaps underneath the junk cars. Modernia is standing a distance away, she starts moving. The clicking sounds of her heels are in rhythm with my heartbeats, she skips some steps and tip-toes around the area. Modernia is pretentiously playing with my life. My dangerous circumstance becomes her entertainment.*

Modernia: Say~, Commander. You should at least give me some kind of hint. Otherwise, I won't be able to pin-point your hiding spot at all.

Commander: ...

Modernia: Hm, fair enough.

*Crack! The sound of metal scrap bending by a strong grip hits my ears. With a swing of her arm, Modernia tosses a heavy object across the parking lot.*

Modernia: I hear no scream. You're not in that direction.

*I observe her feet following my line of sight.*

Modernia: How about over here?

*She grabs another junk car nearby and throw it. Impact upon impact continuously echo in the dark. I use the chaos to crawl to a different spot before Modernia changed direction.*

*A tentacle rises from her back and gives a flick. I see my previous hiding spot ended up somewhere between the crushed bodies of scraps."

Modernia: Commandeeerrr~, let me hear your voice. I will destroy everything in here if you won't give me hint.

Commander: [Alright! I yield!]

Modernia: There you are!

*Immediately, she speeds through the dark. Her hands thrust into the pile of metal scraps and tear them off.*

Modernia: You're in here, aren't you? I know you won't let me down. Modernia is precious to you!

*Pieces of cars tossed and smashed all over the place, Modernia continues to rip up everything in her way to reach me.*

Commander: [Modernia, let's talk.]

Modernia: Oh no, there's nothing to talk about now. You spoke up and that's all I need. Commander, thank you for being such a naive fool.

Commander: [Modernia, let's talk.]

Modernia: Huh?

*She sees the source. A recorder is playing my voice on repeat, it's placed within the gap on the floor.*

Modernia: Aww, I've been tricked.

*Even though she's said that, Modernia's still smiling. That expression sends chill to my spine. From my new hiding spot, the shutter door is right up ahead. I make a run for it while Modernia is distracted.*

*Snap!*

*The recorder stops playing. An object zips past my head, barely hits me. It's what left of the recorder I used to distract Modernia. She notices me. She FOUND me!*

Modernia: I found you~.

*As I manage to get to the streets, I throw myself out the way to avoid Modernia's grab. She catches up in a matter of seconds.*

Modernia: I can't believe you, Commander. We were having so much fun together. Where are you going?

Commander: I'll find a way. Next time.

Modernia: ......again with those meaningless words. I can see how much you are desperate to invoke something inside me. Well, there's nothing. It's just me, Modernia.

*Modernia extends her hand.*

Commander: ...

Modernia: It's okay. You know you can't escape from me. Since you'd gave me such a fun time today, I will give you a reward.

*She smiles brightly.*

Modernia: One crushing embrace just for you. What do you say?

*I choose to do nothing. The tentacle begins to rise from Modernia's back the longer she waits for my answer.*

Modernia: Very well, it's your call.

*The moment the tentacle is about to attack me, a red blur strikes Modernia, causing her to crash through the wall. I grab their hand and we escaped before Modernia could retaliate.*