CHAPTER ~ 3

POV :~ AARAV

I was working in my office when my phone rang. I saw the caller ID, 'Mumma'.

I picked up the call.
"Yes mumma".

"Beta, you're on your way na?",she asked.

"To where?", I enquired.

"Where? Beta you forgot. You were going to meet her today na at 5",she reminded me.

"Shit sorry mumaa, I really forgot due to the work pressure".

"Beta, you're already late, get up and leave for the hotel fast", I cut the call and kept my phone inside my pocket.

I saw the time on my watch. 5:05.
I got up from my place.
"Neha, am leaving, take care of everything behind me, I've some urgent work!", I informed my PA and left.

I reached the hotel at 5:20. That was fast.

What will I talk to her? I'll clearly explain my situation to her. Wait.
What's her name? I don't know her name fuck!

I took out my phone and dialled mumma.
She picked up within two rings.

"Beta, did you reach there?",she asked as soon as she picked up the call.

"Yes mumma".

"Did you meet her?".

"I just reached mumma. I'm inside the lift. I called you to ask.. What's her name?".

"Hridya..Her name is Hridya".

As soon as I reached the roof top the waiter recognised me and showed me the table that I had booked earlier.

She was sitting there. Hridya! She was tapping on the table with her fingers and was looking towards the entrance,where I was standing. I do this often when someone makes me wait.

I walked towards the table and she stood up immediately as she saw me.
I signalled her to sit down as my mother was still on call.

"Beta, behave nicely okay, don't mess it up".

"Yess I'll".

"Beta uske saamne arrogance mat dikhana, pyaar se baat karna". Pyaar se!

"Yes I'll. I've reached. Bye, take care", I kept the phone on the table placed in between us.

She is pretty! I mean this attire suits her.

"So.. you're Hridya?", I asked. She nodded her head.

"Hridya...?".

She hummed.

"Hridya what? Only hridya?".
"No, Hridya Sharma...
....you?",she spoke.

"Aarav Kashyap, nice to meet you", I replied and she hummed again.

We remained silent for some minutes. Then I thought, maybe she speaks less. I need to speak up, it's getting awkward now.

"Do you know I've a daughter?", I asked.
"Yes",she replied.

I again paused for some minutes. Then I formed my words in my head and spoke again,

"See Miss Hridya, I want to make it clear that I've got ready to marry again only because of my little daughter otherwise I've no interest in girls".

She looked up at me and our eyes met. I looked away immediately.

"I just want a good mother for my baby. She is too small and according to my mother, she needs a mother just like I need my mother and thus I agreed to meet you".