CHAPTER ~ 24

POV :~ AARAV

Was anything left to happen in my life that this chickenpox invaded my body to harm me more?

Since this morning, I was feeling slight weakness in my body. So, I thought to skip my office today and work from home. I knew I had fever but the work was also important and moreover I thought that it must be viral.

But God had different plans for me and now I'm resting in my home and is on leave for the entire week until this piece of shit disease heals.

I've rashes all around my body. I think I even have ulcers on my back but I am not able to see it. It aches so badly and the itching of rashes are worst.

Thank God that I've people around me to help me for several things.

And the most important thing is, I will have to remain away from my heart, my daughter till I heal. I've never stayed away from her. I've never slept away from her. Not a single day I've come across without seeing her face and touching her. How will I damn live now?

Hridya fed me dinner. I didn't stop her because I know, I'll surely not be able to feed myself because of all the itching problem that I'm facing.

I had my medicines and applied ointment all over my body but by the time I was trying to apply it on my back, Hridya knocked on the door.

I was shirtless. I hurried but my hands were not touching to my back.

"Uhm Hridya, can you please call Aryan?", I muttered from inside the room.

"Yes", she replied and I heard her faded footsteps leaving from there.

After some minutes, she returned back and knocked on the door.

"Aryan?", I asked.

"It's me", she replied.

"What happened? Where's Aryan?", I asked with a frustrated voice.

"Uh- Aarav ji- actually Aryan ji hadn't faced chickenpox yet na.. he can't come inside the room," she muttered slowly and my frustration level increased.

"Mumma slept, otherwise I would have sent her," she said in a low voice.

Damn Aarav, you don't have any other choice. Otherwise this itching will be the death of you.

"Come-in", I said in a loud voice.

She opened the gate slowly and entered inside. Her jaw dropped after seeing me shirtless.

She immediately turned her face away and started coughing.

"Uh - this ointment - I.. you -- can you apply it- on my", I pointed towards my back.

She paused for sometime then nodded her head while stepping forward.

She took the ointment in her hand and came near to me. I bent down my body slightly and she applied it on my back slowly.

"Ah", it ached as she touched the ulcer on my back.

"Sorry," she muttered.

I moved my face a little to look at her. She was looking away from my body and applying the ointment. I smiled looking at her gesture.

She finished applying it and kept the ointment back in its place. I rested back straight and tried to wear my shirt.

"Doesn't wearing shirts hurt?", she muttered while sitting on the chair.

I nodded my head.

"Just wear your vest, it will hurt less," she suggested and I did the same.

"Did Aadya sleep?", I asked in a low voice while trying to lay down on the bed.

"Yes, she is sleeping with her brother today," she replied.

"Didn't she ask for me even once?".

"She was repeating 'pppp' 'ppp' 'ppp' again and again while I was feeding her," she laughed.

"Tell her I miss her too," I said in a sad voice with a faded smile.

Hridya took her phone in her hands and forwarded it to me. The screen showed Aadya's photos with Avi.

"Seems they enjoyed a lot in park," I commented.

"Yes," she smiled.

I went through all the photos but as I touched the back button, several photos and videos came infront of the screen. Major of them were of me and Aadya together.

Seems she records us secretly!~ my heart smiled.

I returned back the phone to her.
I closed my eyes and I didn't realise when I slept.

I felt thirsty and my sleep broke at midnight.
She was still sitting on the chair and her eyes were closed.

She slept in the same position?

I sat up slowly on the bed and called her name twice.
She didn't respond anything.
I touched her arm a little and her eyes opened promptly.

"Uh- do you need something? Why did you wake up?", she threw her questions upon me.

"Why are you sleeping here Hridya?", I questioned with a slight fury in my eyes.

"Uhm - I thought maybe you'll need something".

"No, if I'll need something, I'll take it by myself. Go and sleep comfortably".

"No it's okay, I don't have any problem here".

"But I've, come-on go now", I argued and she nodded her head slowly after a pause.

She stood up and shifted to sofa. She laid down slowly and covered herself with blanket.

I tried to pick up the glass from the nightstand and immediately as she saw me, she started to sit up again.

"No need to move from there", I stopped her immediately.

"But Aarav ji I", I cut her off in middle by showing her my palm.

I took the glass and filled it with water. I quenched my thirst and said, "See, I can do these things on my own".

She made a face and laid down back on the sofa. I laid down on the bed and then drifted to sleep soon.