CHAPTER ~ 42

🤌Vote!!

POV :~ HRIDYA

I shared everything with him. Everything. I was feeling so relaxed. As if a burden just got off my heart.

My back was touching his chest and he was holding me from behind. His fingers on my cheeks was making me feel more relaxed. I was lost in his touch when he spoke,

"I don't know why I'm saying this Hridya, but I'll never force you, be it for anything,"

"I know you Aarav ji. You don't need to tell me," I replied.

He hummed.

I changed the topic deliberately and asked,

"Where will we visit tomorrow Aarav ji?".

He smiled, "Chilika?".

"Wow, okayy," I cheered up.

"You're very smart at changing topics," he muttered slowly and I giggled.

"Suniye"

He hummed.

"Do you have any plan for Aadya's birthday?".

He was silent.

I turned slowly to face him and feathered my fingers upon his cheeks, "We're going to celebrate na?".

He nodded his head and replied in a low voice, "We will."

"I know what you're thinking,"

A sad smile appeared on his face and he slowly shifted down to hide his face in my embrace.

I ran my fingers through his hairs and spoke,

"It's okay Aarav ji. I understand."

He shook his head slowly and replied,

"It'll be her first death anniversary Hridya."

"I understand Aarav ji. We can keep it simple. We can celebrate her birthday in a simple way. No problem."

His hold tightened around my waist and his head was lying on my chest.

"I don't know how I'll control myself that day. I don't know."

I cupped his cheek with my palm and spoke,

"I'm with you. I'll be with you that day. You don't have to worry. I understand you."

He hummed.

Suddenly something came in my mind.

"Aarav ji", he hummed, "During her pregnancy phase, did she ever share with you how she would celebrate her daughter's birthdays?".

He looked up at me.

He thought for few seconds and nodded his head.

I raised my eyebrows with a smile and he spoke,

"Once, she said that, she'll throw a grand party on her every birthdays at night. But during the day, she'll celebrate it with the orphan kids. She'll also arrange 'Anna seva' on that particular day for the needy ones."

How thoughtful and generous of her!

"We'll celebrate in the same way? Okay? Do you have any problem?".

He shook his head with a smile and muttered, "thank you Hridya".

"Gratitude accepted," I chuckled and he laughed softly.

I kept on massaging his hairs and he drifted into a deep sleep slowly.

Next day was fun as we visited Chilika lake together.

We took a four-hour ride on speed boat. We saw seagulls, dolphins and clicked a lot of photos together. Aadya was the one who enjoyed the most. If she would've been a little older, the memory of our vacation must have settled in her mind but she is too young to remember these things.

We reached at the hotel room when it was almost night and we were so tired that we slept in such a way that we woke up directly next morning.

Today was the last day of our trip to Puri.

At evening, we decided to visit sea beach.

We were sitting down on the mat, by the shore. Aadya was playing with the sand and her beach toys. She was digging sand from the ground and was using it to mould some patterns of fishes and turtles along with her father who was enjoying it equally.

I was sitting and enjoying the view infront of my eyes.

The sound of ocean waves. The sound of people and kids playing by the sea shore. The sound of Camel's bell which was tied around his neck as he was walking around the seashore with peope on its back. The sound of shells coming from different shops.

The whole environment was so calming.

The fascinating waves which were rising all of a sudden at far distance and falling down again. The way, the ocean waves were touching the shore and going back only to come back and touch the shore's sand again.

No matter how many times they were getting seperated, everytime the wave returned back to meet the shore, just like lovers, they were fighting to be with each other despite of all odds.

I felt his head on my lap and Aadya was sitting on his abdomen while they both were giggling. He was adoring Aadya and I was adoring him, running my fingers into his hairs.

I don't know why at the back of my mind I was scared.

Scared that maybe all this will end tomorrow. Maybe everything will be back to its previous self. Maybe he'll change to his previous self. He'll get busy in his office work and I'll get busy with the family.

He held my wrist which were massaging his scalp and placed my palm on his chest. His heart-

Which I don't have any idea whether it has even a little space for me or not. Maybe it has a little-

But what if everything will fade away tomorrow. The feeling of his touch which I never want to fade away. His warmth. His loving affection. Nothing.

I pulled my thoughts back from all the negative ones and consoled my heart.

Whatever it is! I'm happy with what I have in the present moment.

Us. Together. Family of my own. Happy us!

My eyes fell on Aadya who was struggling in his arms to come to me but Aarav ji was teasing her and pulling her back again and again.

I spread my arms wide for my baby and she immediately jumped in my arms.

I kissed her on both her cheeks and then her forehead.

She touched my face with her small baby hands and gave a peck on my cheeks.

I smiled and hugged her tightly.

He sat up and knowingly kept his head on my shoulder to tease Aadya but this time she didn't push him. Rather, she hugged both of us tightly.

My eyes became watery, our first family hug~