CHAPTER ~ 56

1.5k votes and I'll post another chapter!

POV :~ HRIDYA

It was 11 at night. Aadya had already slept and I was awake, waiting for him to arrive home.

I don't know why is he getting this late, when he had already informed me that he'll arrive by evening.

I took my slow steps towards the balcony. It aches less now, but yes, it aches.

I stood against the railing of the balcony. In the blanket of dark sky, moon was shining beautifully. The city lights are twinkling like a million stars. The tall buildings are all lit up, and there's a gentle breeze swaying the trees. Like a magical scene straight out of movies.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of opening of door. I turned back to look, who it was. And, it was him.

He kept his bag aside, opened his jacket and threw it on the sofa and disappeared inside the washroom without looking at me.

My heart beat increased. Is he angry? From me?

After few minutes, he returned back inside the room.
He sat on the bed, leaned against the hoverboard and closed his eyes.
I was just watching him silently.

It looks like he is lost in something.
Suddenly, he turned his face a little. His eyes searched for something around the room. He stood up and called,

"Hridya".

I was silent.

He opened the door of our room and looked here and there. He came inside the room again and closed the door behind him. His eyes moved towards the balcony and our gazes met.

Immediately, his pace increased towards me. He opened the glass door of balcony, came infront of me and threw his arms around me. I caressed his back lightly.

"Where were you? I was searching for you," he muttered in a low voice.

I ran my fingers in his hairs and murmured in his ear,

"Kisi baat se pareshaan hai aap?".

[Are you worried because of something?]

He shook his head.

I seperated us and cupped his cheeks with both my hands.

"Kuch toh hua hai, meri aankhon me dekh kar kahiye."

[ Something's surely wrong. Look into my eyes and answer it.]

He held my wrists and pulled my palms infront of his lips to kiss on the back of my palms.

"Come, let's go inside our room," he spoke and picked me up in his arms.

We entered inside the room and he placed me on the bed gently. He switched off the lights and shifted beside me, taking me in his embrace such that my head was on his chest and his one hand was snaking my waist and another one held my hand.

I muttered slowly,

"Are you worried about something?".

He nodded his head.

"Can you share with me?".

"Office problems, let it be na," he muttered in a low voice.

"It's okay, am all ears," I replied and he caressed the back of my palm with his thumb.

He took a pause for a minute and then spoke in a low voice,

"Um- while I was away, there were some changes made on the project I was working on. But nobody informed me about it, not even Aryan, and now I'm completely lost. I don't know where to start or what to do."