BONUS CHAPTER ~ 1

POV :- AARAV

I was standing right beside her, holding her hands tightly while she was shouting and screaming out of labour pain. I was caressing her head gently, making her feel relaxed while doctor was instructing her to push harder.

The room was filled with anticipation and I was chanting prayers at the back of my mind, while filling Hridya's ears with words of encouragement.

Harder.

Her screams were growing harder.

I wasn't able to control my tears.

She was in so much pain. Tears rolling down from her eyes constantly as she was screaming my name out of pain, extreme pain.

Only if she knew that every scream from her mouth was stabbing knives into my heart. Only if I could do something to lessen her pain, other than just caressing her head and encouraging her with watery eyes.

And with another hard push, he came outside.

Our little prince.

Reyansh, our ray of sunlight.

We knew it was going to be a baby boy and this was the name that we had selected before his birth.

Reyansh Aarav Kashyap, our son.

Completing our family.

Doctor slapped lightly on his hips and he cried sharply, filling the room with laughter and smiles. Love and warmth.

My eyes welled up with tears as I glanced at Hridya, who had a mix of exhaustion and pure joy on her face, tears rolling down her eyes.

The nurse gently placed the tiny, wriggling bundle in her arms.

I was in awe of the miracle before me.

He was born with the eyes of his mother and nose of his father.
Tuft of dark hair and the most adorable lips. His tiny fingers curled around Hridya's, as if seeking comfort in her touch.

I cupped her cheek, wiping her tears from my thumb and asked,

"Are you fine, jaan?".

She nodded her head slightly, her face flushed yet shining with happiness. I placed a kiss on her forehead and temple, caressing her hand gently,

"My strongest woman, I love you."

She smiled lightly.

Overwhelmed with emotion, I leaned in to place a gentle kiss on our son's forehead.

"Welcome to the world, my little one," I whispered, my voice filled with love and wonder.

Hridya smiled, her eyes shining with pride.

"Our son," she murmured, her voice filled with a mixture of exhaustion and pure happiness.

I repeated her words,

"Our son."

***

After the nurse cleaned her, Aryan and Nikita joined us inside and our little four-years old daughter ran inside behind them.

"Congratulations bhabhi," they both wished us and we passed them a wide smile. While Nikita sat beside her, Aryan moved outside to check on the formalities.

"Mumma..mummaa," Aadya shouted and stood in front of her, her hands crossed above her chest.

She thinned her eyebrows and muttered,

"Kisi ne mujhe andar nai aane Diya mumma."

[No one allowed me to come inside.]

Everyone chuckled and her gaze darted around the room, as she placed her index finger on her lips to silence them.