CHAPTER ~ 10

🎯 ~ 80 votes for the next chapter!
Please shower your love guys💗

POV :~ AARAV

A big day yet again for my daughter's life. From today, she'll be able to eat proper food which includes other than just milk or cerelac.

All the preparations were almost done.

Yesterday, I also bought a beautiful dress for my baby, not I, but we, 'I and Hridya'. She had a strong desire to shop for Aadya and thus I took both of them along with me as I cannot trust anyone else for this.

I unknowingly pushed open the door of my room without even knocking and my eyes fell on Hridya who was standing infront of the dressing table, trying to drape her saree. As her eyes fell on me through the mirror, she inhaled deeply and I looked away.

"Sorry", I muttered and left the room.

It felt odd. I just saw some other woman changing her clothes. I know that she is my..wife, but it's nothing like husband-wife thing between us.

I roamed around in the corridor for few minutes. Then she came outside from the room and said, "You can come now".

I entered the room and asked, "Where's Aadya?".

"There", she pointed towards the crib.

I went closer to the crib and saw my darling baby sleeping peacefully, all dressed up in her new dress.

"thu thu thu, nazar naa lage hamari princess ko", I muttered.

[May she remain away from all the evil eyes].

"kaala tika laga diya hai maine", Hridya said walking closer to the crib.

[I've already put the kohl behind her ear].

"Why didn't you make her wear the pink one?", I enquired about the dress.

"This dress is also pink. And the pink dress we bought yesterday, I'll make her wear it at evening. She will be more comfortable in this as we've to sit with her in the puja", she replied.

WE? I with her, in the puja. That place is for my wife. How can I sit with her?

"We have to sit?", I asked slowly.

"Yes, mumma said", she said lowering her gaze down.

"Can't she sit with her grandparents?", I asked again.

"I asked the same from mumma, but she denied and said that child should sit with her mother and father in the puja", she replied politely.

As mother and father. I'm ready then because she cannot be denied of her motherly rights. And she shouldn't be either, she is fulfilling each of the responsibilities towards Aadya perfectly.

"Okay, I'll just change my clothes", I said and left from there.

~~~

I went downstairs to find that Kavya's parents had arrived. Aadya was sleeping on mummy ji's lap. I went forward and touched her feet.

"khush rahiye beta", she blessed.

[Stay happy, beta]

"How are you? How is your knee's pain now?", I asked.

"Much better beta", she replied.

"Rahul?", I asked.

"There he is", she said pointing towards the dining hall.

I went to meet him.

"Jee-jaa-jee", he teased me. He is always like that, 'funny'. Although when Kavya passed away, he went into depression as they loved each other so much. It took so much time for him to come out from it.