CHAPTER ~ 28

POV :~ AARAV

This morning, I came out of my sleep because of the sound of mother-daughter duo laughing beside me.

I cannot deny but they look so adorable together. Although she is so small now but Hridya puts cute kiddish poem songs on television for Aadya to learn and Aadya actually enjoys it. She sits on the same place where Hridya places her and watch those poem song videos with all her interest.

Hridya turned her face to look at me. I smiled.

"Good morning Aarav ji", she greeted me with her sweet smile.

"Good morning", I wished her in my lazy voice.

"See betu, papa is awake!!! Give him a peck, come-on", Hridya said to Aadya in her childish-kiddish voice.

Aadya crawled to me and sat beside me. She slowly placed her small hand on my face and bent down to peck me quickly on my right cheek.

My morning wouldn't have been better~

I took her in my arms and hugged her tightly, giving a quick peck on her forehead.

Her smile makes my day.

Hridya took Aadya in her arms from me and spoke, "Go, freshen up, I have already prepared the breakfast".

My lips curved with a smile and I got up only to disappear inside the washroom.

By the time I returned, the room was empty.
I moved downstairs and saw my family sitting on the dining table together.

Cute Avi ran towards me while shouting, "Baleeepaaa".

I picked him up in my arms and along with him sat on the dining table along with my family.

Hridya and Nikita served the breakfast to us. Everyone started eating breakfast. Nikita came and sat beside Aryan on the opposite side of us but my eyes fell on Hridya who was still standing beside me.

I don't know why. But a sudden urge to make her sit with us arose in my heart.

I turned my face to look at her and she was already staring at me. As our gazes met, she looked away.

"Hridya".

She moved her gaze towards me and hummed.

"Sit, have your breakfast".

She first looked towards everyone present in the dining hall then at me. She shook her head slowly.

"Beta, baith jao na, kha lo tumbhi", mumma said to her.

[Beta, sit na, you also have your food].

But she denied telling, "You all eat na, I'll eat later".

"No ifs and buts, sit," I said.

But she denied to sit directly again.

I felt angry at that moment. I mean, I asked her to sit with me, with us. Mumma asked her, but she denied.

I didn't spoke a word next.

I finished my breakfast and stood up from my place to go back to my room.

I was on leave since the last eight days. I decided to join my work from today and got ready for the office in my formals.

The door of our room opened and Hridya peeped in.

She came inside the room with Aadya who was now sleeping and placed her on the bed. She stood behind me asking, "Office Jaa rahe aap?".

[ Are you going to office?].

I just hummed in response.

"Kab tak aaenge?".
[When will you return?].

I raised both side of my shoulder lazily signalling 'I don't know'.

"Lunch pack kar du aapke liye?".
[Should I pack the lunch for you?].

I shook my head.

"Ek baar video call kar lijiyega, Aadya rone lagti hai aapko nahi dekhti toh".

[Please do a video call once whenever you're free. Aadya starts crying when she doesn't find you around.]

I stayed silent.

I picked up my things and left from there without speaking even a single word and she was just staring at me.

The day at my office turned out to be a quite hectic one. All the works that I had to finish last week was still pending. And returning home without completing it wasn't possible.

I didn't even had my lunch and kept sitting in my cabin completing my work.

Puja, my PA came inside my cabin after knocking on the door.
She informed me about the lined up meetings that I needed to attend today and tomorrow.

The only support of mine was coffee which was preventing me from sleeping.

Although I was angry from Hridya, I picked up my phone and messaged her,

"I'll be very late today".

"Okay, take care", came her reply from the other side.

Take care~

She took care of me last week without complaining about anything. She happily faced all my tantrums and sickness. Even when I used to vomit, she never pulled herself away from me. She kept on standing there, caressing my back.

I was so weak, she made me strong.
I was so pathetic, she handled me with all her love.
I cried, she consoled me.
I yearned to love my daughter, she even gave my side of love to her.

All these thoughts were bursting in my mind. She did all this for me and I didn't even say her a word of gratitude, 'thank you'.

All that I am doing right now is sitting here in the office, ignoring her? Getting angry from her?
Fuck ! I shouldn't have acted like that. I should have spoke to her when she was asking me things.

I attended the meeting, finished my work as fast as I could but it still turned 1.

I packed my things as fast as I could and left for my home.

I'll talk to her today. I will apologise about my this morning's behaviour. Yeah! I'll thank her for being with me through my tough times.

I reached my home, parked my car in garage and went inside my home. I rushed towards my room. I opened the door and saw Aadya sleeping on the bed.

Hridya's hand was placed below her head supported by her elbow and she was just staring at Aadya with her doe eyes.

I kept my things aside and came closer to see my daughter and her sweet mother.

But my eyes caught something.
My blood turned hot and it rushed to my eyes. My anger arose and I yelled,

"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO HER?".