CHAPTER ~ 12

POV :~ AARAV

"What about your ex-husband? You don't miss him", I asked casually.

She thought something and shook her head simply in a 'no'.

"Why?", I asked. She was married to him, how can she live with him without love? And even if she doesn't love him, people get habituated of each other when they live together. And eventually miss each other.

"You don't want to talk about this.. am sorry", I muttered and went back to the bed after wishing her 'good night'.

I laid down on my bed beside my daughter.

Then I thought, maybe her relationship with her husband was like our present relationship. That's why she doesn't miss him.

~~~

Two weeks passed casually. Everyday was almost the same. I used to wake up, have my breakfast, spend some time with Aadya and then office. After returning back I used to sit with family and spend the rest of the day together.

Just two days after Aadya's annaprashan ceremony, Hridya had asked me about her work. I got to know that she is a freelancer. What problem I could have with it? Even if she wished to work outside, I would have allowed her. This is work-from -home. How could I have denied.

At night, she works on her laptop and takes care of Aadya the whole day. This sunday, I was home, so I took care of Aadya the whole day, while she finished her works.

I was sitting in the bedroom after returning from work. I was back early today. Hridya came inside the room and sat on the opposite side of bed. She laid down Aadya on bed.

She looked as if she wanted to ask something from me.

I looked at her and asked, "Do you want to ask something?".

She nodded her head and asked, "I wanted to visit outside".

"Of course, when?", I asked.

"Today", she replied.

"It's 6p.m. It'll turn dark outside soon", I said.

"Kshitij will pick me up and drop me back", she replied. Kshitij.

"uh- as you wish", I replied and rolled my eyes back.

"Thank you", she looked excited and went towards the wardrobe to take out her clothes.

She changed her clothes and came out from the washroom. Simple chikankari yellow kurti with white plazzos.

She combed her hair perfectly and got ready to leave.

She looked towards me and our eyes met.

She picked up her purse.

"I've kept the milk for her on the table-by chance if she wakes up", she said pointing towards the table.

"Don't worry", I replied.

I don't know why I didn't wanted her to go with that boy. But it's her life, I cannot force her or simply deny her.

I mean if she would've been really my wife-like myy wifeee then I would've asked her no to go. But the case here was different.

She opened the door of the room to leave.

"Hridya", I called her name.

She turned back to look at me.

"Take care, drop me a message when you reach there and when you leave from there", I said while scrolling down on my phone.

"Okay", she muttered and left after shuting the door behind her.

~~~

After some 15 minutes, my phone pinged.

Hridya : Reached.

I started doing my work again. But unusual thoughts were going in my mind.

I sat there doing my work until my phone pinged again after two and half hrs.

Hridya : Am on my way.

Aadya was sleeping like a good child but I knew that she'll show tantrums at night.

I stood up and went towards the window.

A car stopped in front of our house. Hridya came outside the car and Kshitij stepped outside from other side of the car. They talked something and then Kshitij took Hridya in for a hug.

Why does he have to hug her every now and then?

They hugged tightly and then separated from each other after few seconds.

They talked about something while standing there.

Kshitij left from there after some five minutes and I went back to the bed.

Hridya entered inside the room. Our eyes met and she smiled.

"She isn't awake yet?", she asked looking at Aadya.

She looks happy.

She took her clothes and went inside bathroom to change her clothes. She came outside in her night suit and sat on the bed beside Aadya.

"Did you have your dinner?", she asked and I shook my head.

"Are you busy? Should I bring your dinner here?", she asked in a low voice.

"No, I'll have it later", I replied.

"So, you enjoyed?", I asked with a raised brow.

"Yes", she said with a excited look on her face.

"You two are close na?", I enquired casually.

"Yes, he is my only friend since childhood", she said.

What does she mean by only friend?

"Why 'only friend'?", I asked curiously.

Happiness faded away from her face.

"Only if you want to share-", I said immediately.

"Because..uh- I was not allowed to -uh- hangout with friends or talk to them often", she said and I thought 'why?'.

"It isn't like I didn't made friends in my school or college days, but.. you know- none of my friendship worked out it long as my conversations and meetings with them was only limited till the hour I used to be at school or college", she said.

"Why were you not connected with them? You didn't had your phone?", I asked.

She bit her lower lip and answered, "I wasn't allowed to use phone at home. I got my phone after I passed 12th and even after that I used it only at nights, away from the view of my.. father".

Her father. I knew he wasn't right. I knew it from the day one. His eyes looked greedy.

"Then how is your friendship still alive with Kshitij?".

"uh- he is my father's friend's son. He used to visit home often"... "Papa doesn't know that we're bestfriends", she replied.

I smiled dryly.

"Why did you tell me all this then?", I asked from her.

She hesitated at first, then spoke, "I find you trustable. You're good, unlike my ex-husband".

Unlike her ex-husband. But I don't even talk to her like friend. Was her relation with her ex-husband worst than ours?

I didn't wanted to start the topic of her ex-husband again as she will again feel uncomfortable I know.

"Dinner- Can you bring it here?", I asked to distract her mind and she nodded and left from the room.