CHAPTER ~ 20

POV :~ HRIDYA

I felt someone's touch on my arm and my sleep broke.

I got up slowly, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

I saw Aarav ji sitting beside us~ me and Aadya as Aadya was sleeping in my embrace.

"Aarav ji- when did you come?", I asked in a sleepy voice still rubbing my eyes.

He ignored me completely and stood up from his place and walked outside to the balcony.

His face was looking completely flushed off.

I followed behind him and asked in a low voice out of concern, "Is something wrong?".

He ignored me again.

"Are you angry with me? Did I do something wrong?", I questioned again with confused eyes.

"Hridya, can you please leave me alone for sometime?", he muttered in a slow voice.

I nodded my head and left from there. Maybe he needs space right now. He also has lot of work pressure now a days, maybe that's why he walked away from me.

I respected his space and thus left him alone for sometime.

I placed two pillows around Aadya, safeguarding her and walked outside from the room, downstairs.

Some 20 minutes later, I entered inside the room again. He was laying on the edge of bed with Kavya ji's photo in his hands and his eyes where closed.

I noticed the clearly visible dried up tear on his cheek.

I walked towards the bed with slow steps and sat down on the opposite edge of bed.

"Are you missing her?", I asked in a low voice.

He remained silent.

"Friends can share their emotions", I uttered with a smile on my face trying to comfort him so that he could share things with me.

He stared into my eyes for some moments then questioned, "Can I ask you something?".

I nodded my head, "Ofcourse".

"Are you not happy?", he asked in a low voice. What in the world made him ask this question to me.

"Ofcourse I am. Why are you asking me this?", I asked.

"Do you have feelings for me?", he asked with his closed eyes.

I remained silent. I couldn't analyse what he just asked me. I mean how can I confess my feelings directly to him. I just cannot. He kept staring into  his eyes.

"Why are you questioning me all these?".

"First answer me, do you?",he asked again.

I paused for a second and then shook my head slowly. I cannot just open up about this to him right now.

He took a breathe of relaxation.

"Why are you asking?", I asked slowly.

"Something happened in the office- leave it. Everything's fine now", he answered.

I nodded my head slowly trying not to interfere in his personal matters and laid against the hoverboard.

"Hridya", he called my name and I hummed in response, "hmm".

"The only love of my life is my deceased wife. If you ever form feelings for me- I'll not be able to return it to you back. I'm really sorry!", he confessed while looking towards me.