Chapter 40

Ayezah nervously smiled at her parents as soon as she stepped inside the dining room, only to receive a teasing smirk from both of them in return. She sighed and glanced at the figure standing beside her, who was unbothered and glaring at the kitten lying peacefully on her arms. 

"Come on, the food will get cold."

Ayezah sat down on one of the chairs with her red cheeks gleaming underneath the sunlight, peeking in through the windows. Her husband silently admired her natural glow, but his attention towards her didn't last for long when that creature kept on meowing. 

"How was your sleep here Jungkook?" Her mother teased her son-in-law, wanting to get comfortable with him. 

Jungkook pressed his lips into a thin line, trying to contain his smile. He glanced at his wife sitting beside him, from the corner of his eyes and he almost lost it seeing her trying her best to cover her face with her hair, but he had already caught her tomato face.

"It was great." He replied while his hand trailed over to her side and was about to hold her hand underneath the table-

"Meow."

Jungkook rolled his eyes and immediately pulled his hand back, an annoying sigh leaving his mouth as he clenched his fists. Her mother understood the situation and opened her arms towards Ayezah, gesturing her to pass the kitten to her. Jungkook immediately held Ayezah's hand after she had passed Cherry to her mother. 

Holding the kitten, she playfully glared at the poor creature, "Now, now, let's let your parents have their time, hm?"

Ayezah's eyes widened hearing her words and Jungkook's heart unknowingly fluttered. He looked at the kitten and felt himself tightening his hold on her hand. Turning his head, he gazed at his wife, who was smiling widely while talking to her dad. 

Heartbeats were growing insan€ at this moment. They have had this talk before, but now it just felt more deep. He once again brought his gaze back to Cherry and all of a sudden..., he didn't feel jealous of that creature. Clearing his throat, he tried to distract his thoughts and focus on the breakfast while talking to her parents.

Jungkook was talking to her dad and that's when he noticed that Ayezah wasn't eating her fruits.  He lightly frowned, but nonetheless kept the conversation going with her father. Rubbing his thumb on her hand, caressing her skin, he wondered why she wasn't eating the strawberries and guava. Those were her favorite, especially guava.

Raising his other hand, he grabbed one of the sliced pieces of guava and brought it closer to her lips making her eyes widen. Her parents both froze for a second at the sudden moment, before they broke into a loving smile. Sharing a look, they realized that he was so in love with their daughter. Ayezah gulped and glanced at him, asking with her eyes what he was trying to do. Jungkook lifted one of his dark brows and gestured her to open her mouth so that he could feed her.

"I-It's cold, I'll e-eat after sometime."

"Cold guava tastes better, come on."

Ayezah gulped and parted her trembling lips. Her mother snorted, watching her daughter's lips trembling as if she had just taken a cold shower and stepped out of the bathroom. Jungkook chuckled at her shy face, he couldn't contain his emotions and unknowingly brought his face closer to hers. Kissing the side of her head, he laughed a little when her fork dropped off the table as her hand stumbled against it at the sudden move from her husband.

"Oh my god. Would you look at the time honey? We're late for our appointment, let's go." Her mother tried to get her dear daughter out of this awkward yet adorable situation. Her husband frowned at her words, but understanding her look, he nodded and got up from the chair.