Chapter 41

Jungkook stared at nowhere in particular as the doctor  packed her bag and left the room. Ayezah looked at him, her heart was beating at an uncontrollable rate and his silence was making her restless. She slowly raised her trembling hand and held his shoulder, slowly shaking him as he slightly flinched.

Looking at her, he parted his lips to speak, but no words came out from his mouth as he was left astonished.

Forcing his eyes shut, he braced himself, his mind replaying the doctor's words and unknowingly he held her hands, squeezing on them as he felt overwhelmed.

"Ayezah..." he lowly whispered, feeling his heart full with content. He made her place her palm over his throbbing heart, opening his eyes, welcoming her the sight of his tears, she shook her head slowly as she tried to sit straight and hold him, but he held her on her place, his eyes softly gazing at her with millions of varieties of peace and happiness passing through his veins, he continued, "We're gonna be p-parents?"

Ayezah frowned as her tears finally on her cheeks, pressing her lips into a thin line, she tried to stop herself from sobbing and slowly nodded her head. Her eyes capturing the sight of his shoulders slumping down as his tears too fell. His grip on her hand tightened and she clearly felt his heartbeats underneath her palm, growing restless as each second passed by.

"Ayezah... love-" Jungkook quickly embraced her. Her face getting covered in his neck as she embraced him as well. Both their tears painting each other's dresses as they expressed their own happiness.

"I-" pulling back he quickly cupped her face, raising his head and pecking her forehead lovingly. He let his lips stay there for a while, his tears falling on her forehead. Ayezah held his shirt tightly, both of them felt overwhelmed by all these new emotions.

Unknowingly her eyes fell down to her stomach and she teared up even more upon realizing that a small life was starting to grow inside her. She bursted into tears once again, making Jungkook laugh softly.

"Oh my love- Oh my A-Ayezah."his breath kept on turning heavy, understanding the weight of those words, he was going to be a father, a role that was never present in his life, he was going to possess that very same role.

Was he nervous? Yes.  Was he excited? Yes. But more than anything, he was determined to be a good father to their child. Anything but the one he had or the type of kind he despises. Kissing her forehead, he internally promised that he would never make the proof of his and her love ever go through any kind of pain.

"I love you so much." He whispered mindlessly as he held her face and continued to shower her with countless pecks all over her face.

Ayezah placed her hand over her stomach, her sobs getting louder as she looked up at Jungkook, "Our b-baby."

Jungkook smiled lovingly with tears overflowing from his eyes, "Yes love." Bending a little, he placed a soft kiss over her clothed stomach, his heart bursting with happiness as he softly rested his forehead over that very same place.

Ayezah raised her hands and caressed his hair, "J-Jungkook-ah."

Jungkook shut his eyes, he doesn't know why but..., "I just fell more in love with you, my darling."

Ayezah laughed a little hearing his words as she bent a little and placed a peck over his hair, "Focus on our baby now."

Jungkook giggled, still feeling everything so new and heaven-like. Pulling himself back, he stared at her clothed stomach and whispered softly, but still able to be heard by Ayezah, "You're our love's biggest gift." His eyes continued to tear up, "Both your dada and mama will cherish you for life."