28

The last and final series of the regular season before the postseason and everyone was excited to go back into the postseason. Elizabeth was very excited because it was her first postseason with the Phillies and when she was in her last year of college during the 2022 season, she remembered watching the 2022 Phillies team make it to the postseason and making it all the way to the World Series, only to fall short to the Houston Astros and obviously it upset the team and fans, but they made a promise to the fans for the next season to make it back to the postseason to hopefully do better in the postseason this season. It was also Trea's first postseason with a new team and in a new city, which he was very excited for.

The last and final series of the regular season was against the New York Mets, which they were already eliminated in the postseason which was great and the Mets were a sucky team to begin with. And it was great that the New York Mets were the last and final team for the Phillies had to play in the regular season before the Phillies had to play the Miami Marlins in the National League Wild Card series.

The first game against the New York Mets got rained out as New York and the surrounding areas were flooded and it was raining badly, so the team were stuck in the hotel. But the good thing was that Elizabeth and Trea were sharing a hotel room. They rarely ever share a hotel room together, but it was the first time in ages that they actually shared a hotel room together, but they wanted to keep each other company on a rainy day.

Elizabeth and Trea really didn't have anything to do during the rainy day besides being on their phones almost all day being stuck in the hotel room til the rain passed by. But they could also cuddle again and watch some movies on the television in the hotel room or they could watch some movies on Netflix on one of their phones till they fall asleep for the night. But they decided to cuddle for a bit together for the rest of the day since they really had nothing else to do for the day besides staying in the hotel.

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Elizabeth was laying on Trea's shoulder and Trea was holding her into him and trying to keep her safe. Trea was lightly rubbing Elizabeth's upper arm and she started to doze off on Trea's shoulder. Trea looked down at her to make sure she was comfortable and he lightly kissed her on the forehead while Elizabeth fell asleep on his shoulder. Trea started to doze off as well and he really wanted to get some extra sleep as well.

For the rest of the night, Elizabeth and Trea basically slept some more to catch up on some sleep before the double header against the New York Mets. And they really deserved to get some extra rest before the long day ahead for them tomorrow.

Author's Note:
Another day, another new chapter. Was bored today, so I decided to do another chapter because I really didn't have anything else to do besides rereading fanfictions and doing some editing for social media, which I'm slightly behind on editing and writing this fanfiction so I'm sorry if I am really behind on writing this fanfiction.

But sorry if this is a short chapter as well because I really didn't know what else to write for a chapter but I should start writing about the postseason next so hopefully this fanfiction should be done soon, I need to finish some things to end this fanfiction but hopefully it should be done very very soon.

But the Phillies lost two straight games coming off a winning streak and Trea lost his hitting streak and his stolen base record he had since 2022, which sucks but it's fine to be honest.

Have a good day/evening/night everyone! <3